Heartbroken or Loved? - Tam's POV

I squeezed my eyes shut, hoping the dim light covered the useless tears. Why cry over a person who was about to kill you? I had no idea, but I was doing it now.

I dared to open my eyes and Sophie's eyes were shut as well. I glared at her hard. She seemed to be counting down in her mind. She looked like she was at... Three, two, one...

"I'm waiting, Moonlark." Issac's oily voice taunted. Sophie tensed. Then she rose the dagger, the black blade shimmering. Too bad that would be the last thing I'd see.

Then she whipped around and struck Isaac on the cheek. He yelled out in surprise and in pain. I was too woozy to even flinch. Then sedative they had given me was taking its toll, and it did not feel very pleasant.

But that didn't stop my eyes from widening in awe and grudging respect for this girl who technically betrayed me, the Black Swan, and technically the whole Elvin race. I tried my best to shake off the wooziness, but I failed. Sophie was currently inflicting her hate all over Issac, who was crumpled on the ground angry and in pain. He was shouting curses at Sophie and every thing not Neverseen related. I managed a weak smile, but I was hit with a ball of flames. I screamed out in terror. Sophie kicked Issac's face and got burned in the leg.

I shouted out angrily at him, and Sophie had knocked him out cold in the ground. For once, I was glad these doors were thick. Thick enough to block sound from here. I watched Sophie's quick, agile movements as she cut through the lock with the key she had grabbed from Issac's pocket and before I knew it, I was free.

"Why... Why are you doing this?" I asked weakly. Sophie stated at me with desperation evident in her eyes. " Please, Tam, there isn't any time to explain now... " she pleaded. I glared at her. "I hate how much you make me have a reason to love you more." I muttered woozily. Whew, that sedative was strong.

Sophie visibly blushed, but she quickly looked away and pulled me up out of the chair. Then she ran over to the end of the chamber, where there was a huge drop there. Sophie's eyes lit up. "Grab my hand." She ordered. I dizzily grasped her hand hard and she looked at me with ready eyes.

"We jump at three." She warned. I nodded weakly and she grasped my hand tighter. "We don't have much time, Sophie." I said with only a slight time of dizziness evident in my eyes.

She nodded. "One, two..."

"THREE!" I screamed, crazily jumping off the ledge. Sophie screamed and I whooped distortedly. Sophie closes her eyes and suddenly we were in a black, thick, unrecognizable place. Sophie's eyes opened. "We're at the void..." she breathed.

"Think of home." I replied, my voice distorting . She nodded and her grasp tightened on my hand. Suddenly, we were at a grassy pasture, where there were green grasses, purple grasses, all grasses. "We're at... Havenfield!" I said indignantly , my tone of voice going up an down randomly. My mind was going crazy.

Sophie ran inside, dragging me with her. "MOM! DAD!" she screamed. Grady and Edaline ran inside the room, creases in between their forehead.

" Sedatives smell like CANDY! " I said groggily. Sophie's eyes widened and she looked sick for a second. Grady rushed out somewhere, probably to get someone like Elwin, and Edaline rushed over to Sophie and me to comfort us, maybe? I wasn't listening to anything they were saying to me.

Suddenly, Elwin rushed in with an assortment of tools. He ordered me to sit down, then I collapsed. I don't know why. But before ANY of that happened, I staggered to Sophie, said "I love you," and felt the world spin faster than ever before collapsing on the ground, stars flooding my vision.