II

EDITED

"Man is a self-conscious nothing."

-Julius Bahnsen

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Playlist: Selena Gomez-Souvenir

THE GAMBINO ESTATE [East Verona, Italy 2007]

"Care to explain how the fuck was my fifteen year old granddaughter able to dodge all five men twice her size?" A voice bellowed with such ferocity making the men in the room turn their heads down in shame.

"S-she got away while-"

"Do I look like I fucking care for your excuses? Each of you should start thinking how you would like to die because if she isn't found within the next hour, I'd mercifully grant those wishes." Antonio Giordano sneered, his palm hitting the table, hard. "You all had one fucking instruction, to never let her out of sight. Yet you fail and dare show me your faces?" He let out a menacing chuckle, "Such incompetency . . . was a mistake on my part, for trusting my men to keep her safe." He tsked in disdain. "Would you prefer to live a crippled life, blind and without your limbs? I think that would be more benefitting a price for your mistakes." He taunted with rage at the cowards he called his men.

"Now get out of my face and fucking find her!"

"Yes boss"

Seraphina Rose Giordano, his granddaughter had gone missing over an hour ago.

How rebellious of her.

She usually was compliant to the rules he had set for her safety-in and out of the estate. She wasn't one to defy or rebel against him. What was the reason for her sudden disobedience and to what purpose?

Mild anxiousness and indignation settled at the pit of his stomach to even think something might have terribly gone wrong. Had she been unwillingly courted out? Perhaps captured to be tortured by one of the countless enemies of the Gambino Family? No, that was not possible. They wouldn't dare lay a hand on her. Knowing well his reputation as well as his relation with the Luciano Family, unless they were prepared to pay a heavy price-such was their nature.

Retaliation

~~~

Seraphina Giordano wandered along the beautiful streets of Verona. With it's fascinating antique shops, appealing cafes, and countless book stores decorating both sides of the alleyway, it was a perfect place for the locals as well as tourists. Summer breeze wafted through the air; sprinkles of sunshine peeked through the vibrant leaves and branches of the gigantic trees that lined up vertically. The colourful, exotic historical buildings and structures gave out an optimistic and enthusiastic vibe.

The quiet atmosphere of the street added immensely to the beauty of the place.

Seraphina was brought up here all her life, still the beauty of the city managed to take her breath away every time.

The sun was fairly bright as she looked around in appreciation and excitement, realizing that she had reached a great place for frozen indulgence when she saw children as well as adults crowding around ice-cream stores. She sat on a bench along the side-line of an ice cream store holding her own choco-chip mint ice-cream.

Three hours later, bells chimed when Sera entered the café and was instantly hit with a strong aroma of cocoa, butter, cinnamon, chocolate, cheese and other savoury ingredients.

She grinned, she was in love.

The café had a very alluring décor-ember wood furniture with fancy, embroidered fabric covered tables, dim yellow lights and large windows. The walls were decorated with paintings and Italian quotes, everything was kept to a minimal yet the aesthetic touch made it more appealing to the eyes.