f o r t y - f o u r

The sound of my alarm clock woke me up. I sighed remembering what was happening today. I mean, it would be cool if Harry and David got along well, but I doubted it.

Nevertheless, I was excited to see Harry again. It was silly, but my heart skipped a beat just thinking about him.

I put on a simple, yet cute, outfit. We were only going for coffee anyways.

I decided to bake some cookies because I had two hours left before I had to leave. The memories of me and Harry baking immediately flooded my brain. I smiled to myself, reminiscing what had happened that day.

The timer of the oven went off, signaling it was finished. I had to leave in 5 minutes, so it was just on time.

I let the cookies cool and grabbed my keys, making sure I had everything before I locked the door and stepped in my car.

I quickly glanced at my phone before entering the coffee shop. I was 4 minutes early. I walked in, and to my surprise, Harry was already sitting in a booth.

I smiled and walked up to him. "Good afternoon Styles."

"Hello gorgeous." Harry said, standing up and giving me a hug.

Harry let me sit down, and proceeded to sit down next to me.

"I'm not sure if I got your order right, I think I remember you telling me you like a caramel frappuccino with two shots of coffee and almond milk." Harry recited.

"W-wow how did you remember?" I said, shocked yet flattered.

"I guess I'm a good listener." Harry shrugged, making me laugh.

Harry and I chatted for a while, but the minute I saw David come in I noticed Harry tensing up.

"Hey Kait, hello Harry." David said, shaking his hand.

David sat opposite to me and Harry.

Well..

This was awkward.

"Soooo.. do you want anything to drink?" I asked David, considering me and Harry already had coffee.

"No, I'm fine. Thank you though, love." David smiled.

That's weird, David never called me love. Was he trying to make Harry jealous?

Harry coughed. "So how long have you known each other?"

"We go way back, don't we Kait?"

I awkwardly laughed. "Yeah we've known each other since high school. He was Jessica's best friend so that's how we got closer." I explained.

Harry nodded.

"How long have you two known each other?" David asked Harry.

"About three months, but it feels like we've known each other for much longer." Harry said, smiling at me.

I reciprocated his smile.

"So you're a singer huh?" David said in a bit of a rude tone.

I glared at David, trying to send the message that he was being rude, but he ignored me. I rested my hand on Harry's leg to make sure he stays calm. He put his hand on top of mine, sending shivers through my body.

"Yes I am. Have you heard any of my songs?" Harry asked.

"I've only heard Kiwi and it wasn't really my style so I didn't bother listening to the rest."

"You were singing along to Sweet Creature a while ago though?" I questioned, wondering why he was lying.

Harry let out a small smirk, but quickly pulled himself together.