"Yo Yo!" I call.

I faintly hear nails scrape across the floor, then it goes quiet, then Zeus skitters into the room. He jumps up on his hind legs resting his paws on my leg.

"Hi cutie." I say using a baby voice and letting him.

Zeus use to be Momma's dog but sadly when I was born they decided to give him up. Since I was a preemie I needed a lot of attention and doctors visits and having a dog and a preemie is a lot of work. They gave Zeus to Uncle Markus.

Val rounds the corner from the kitchen and smiles at me.

"Hey V." I greet standing up.

She hugs me," hey Em, you takin him today?"

"Yeah Jasmine and I are going to go to the beach and I wanted to bring the little guy, is that okay?" I ask.

Waving me off she goes around me to the ottoman by the couch.

"Of course it is. I know Mark and I took him but he was basically your dog first."

She stands and brings me his leash, a small grey bag, and a smaller black bag.

I raise my brow and point to it.

"Pooper scooper."

"Ah okay," I glance around," where's Mark?"

"Work, he's been with Bay about to make a new album." She informs me.

I nod," sweet. Her last album was amazing."

"Proud best friend here."

I pick Zeus up and he starts kicking his leg and trying to lick my face.

"I'll have him back by 10." I tell her grabbing the small black bag and leash.

We hug and I leave out.

Jasmine is looking at her phone when I get in the car. I hold Zeus in my lap and he wiggles away, walks across the console and into Jasmine's lap.

She gasps and immediately starts to play with him," who is this angel?!"

"Zeus, use to be my Momma's dog but she gave him to my uncle Markus."

"Awe why?" She pouts.

I scratch the back of my neck," I was born prematurely and I needed a lot of medical attention and attention in general and I guess having a preemie and a dog at the same time was too much."

"I never knew that." She muses ruffling Zeus' ears and looking at me.

After pulling my seat belt on I pull off and make my way to the beach.

The smile on her face grows exponentially as we get closer to the beach. 

As soon as I park she snatched up her bag and jumps out, Zeus in her arms.

I follow suit, grabbing the cooler, Zeus' leash, and everything else. Jasmine squeals and beckons me to follow, so I do.

There aren't many people here, yes there are a lot, but not as much as there would be if it were higher than 56 degrees.