3.23

THE SECOND TIME AROUND
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

 It was nighttime when Queenie and FP entered their family's trailer together as Queenie held a bag of Pop's takeout in her hands

It was nighttime when Queenie and FP entered their family's trailer together as Queenie held a bag of Pop's takeout in her hands. Queenie placed down the bag on the kitchen table before taking a seat on a nearby chair.

  She let out a sigh, waiting for the right time to ask about FP not joining the Serpents again now that he was out, "Why didn't you tell me?" She spoke up, staring directly at her father, who was placing down his jean jacket. He looked up at her, knowing almost instantly about what Queenie was talking about exactly. He sighed, making his way into the kitchen.

  "Didn't think I needed to," He replied as if it were obvious, "You seem to be doing a perfect job leading the Serpents without my help; you've been keeping them all in check, the younger ones especially, you stopped them from leading a revolt against Fred Andrews, you even got the Ghoulies to back off permanently. I'm done with the Serpents, for good. I was hoping you would be, too, but you and I both know that ain't happening anytime soon." He explained and Queenie slowly nodded her head in understanding.

  It was quiet for a moment before FP spoke up once before, "Penny stop bothering you now that I'm out?" He asked her curiously, causing Queenie to immediately look up from staring down at the table.

She nodded her head once more, even though it was a total lie. She knew that she had promised him that she wouldn't lie anymore and he promised to not lie either, but this was for his own good. FP wanted to be out of the Serpents for good. Finding out his daughter was roped into being Snake Charmer's delivery permanantly would only force him to join once more. Queenie couldn't let that happen.

  "You wouldn't be lying to me right now, Queenie, would you?" He questioned and Queenie shook her head.

  "No, I'm not lying," She replied in a calm and quiet tone, "Snake Charmer stopped making me deliver after news had spread about you being released. No more favors coming her way anytime soon." She explained and FP seemed to actually believe. Her phone vibrated and Queenie quickly picked it up to see that it was just Sweet Pea, asking when she would be home.

  Queenie looked up at her father as she got up from her seat, "I better get going. See you tomorrow, Dad." She spoke up, grabbing her jacket before heading for the door.

  "Bye, Queenie." He replied with a smile.

     Queenie walked into her and Sweet Pea's trailer to see Sweet Pea watching TV by himself in the living room. It was a random channel and Queenie knew he must have not been actually watching it.

   When he heard the front door close, Sweet Pea instantly looked up to see his girlfriend arriving home. He smiled, getting up from the couch before walking over to Queenie, "Hey," He greeted her, wrapping a single arm around her waist as he pulled her in for a quick kiss.