1.2

THE BEGINNING
CHAPTER TWO
May 15, 2017

   Queenie walked into Riverdale High beside her younger brother, Jughead

Queenie walked into Riverdale High beside her younger brother, Jughead. The duo made their way towards their lockers, which were coincidently right next to each other. Queenie groaned when the two arrived to see the majority of the football team making their way towards them. Just as Jughead was about to open his locker, Reggie Mantle purposely bumped into him, which made the rest of the Riverdale Bulldogs laugh.

   Queenie looked up and glared at the whole group to see the majority of them were student she strongly disliked at Riverdale High. Her eyes widened when she turned her head to see one of the members of the group was Jason Blossom.

After getting the majority of the members of his team to laugh, Reggie decided to do even more. Just as Reggie about to push Jughead into the lockers, Queenie intervened. Queenie crossed her arms, showing that she wasn't scared of him as she protectively stood in front of her brother.

"Touch him again and it'll the last time you ever had hands, Mantle." She threatened him in a low and dark tone.

After hearing the Jones girl threaten Reggie, the whole group began to laugh, excluding Jason, who knew she definitely wasn't joking. He knew is they knew they real her, they probably would be scared.

"Queenie, don't-" Before Jughead could finish his sentence, Reggie cut him off.

"And what are you going to do about it?" Reggie questioned as Queenie began to take a daring step towards him, but Jughead forcefully pulled her back by her arm, knowing if Queenie intervened, there wasn't any going back.

"Reggie, just give it up already." Jason spoke up and Reggie quickly turned his head to give Jason a questioning look.

"What's it to you, Blossom?" Reggie asked as he quickly gave his friends an amused look before he turned to face Queenie again.

Just as Queenie and Jughead started to walk away, Reggie quickly snatched the bag that Queenie had in her hand, "Hmm, what's in this?" Reggie questioned as he went to open the bag.

"Mantle, I swear to God—" Queenie warned him, but it was too late, Reggie had opened it to see Queenie's Serpent jacket.

Reggie laughed, "No freakin' way! You're a snake? Wonder why you're so damn weird. Is your weirdo friend, Donnie Darko over here one too?"

Queenie gave Reggie an angry look as she balled her hands tightly into a fist. She knew she definitely couldn't hold back this anger any longer.

   Within seconds, Queenie had grabbed Reggie by the collar of his letterman jacket and roughly pushed him against the lockers. Even if there was a giant height difference, Queenie didn't waste any time with swinging a punch. She punched Reggie in the face once and was about to punch him again, but was interrupted by an unknown individual attempting to pull her off.

   Without stopping to see who it was before she swung a punch at them, Queenie punched the person in the face, only to see it was Ms. Grundy, her music teacher. Queenie looked up to see that all eyes were now on her. She gasped when she saw that Ms. Grundy's nose was now bleeding severely. Ms. Grundy gasped as she sat on the ground, holding her nose, trying to stop the massive blood flow.

  "What the hell did you do, Queenie!" Jughead shouted at her, breaking the complete silence that lingered in the whole hallway.

• • •

   Queenie stood in the Whyte Wyrm, playing pool all by her lone self, seeing as all of her friends were attending class at Southside High because it was barely even noon yet.

"Why the hell aren't you in school! Last time I checked school ended at three, not eleven am." A voice shouted at her in a calm tone and Queenie didn't even bother to turn her head to look at the person, she already knew it was her father.

"Surprised they didn't call you," Queenie replied calmly as she shot the eight ball into the hole, "I got expelled."

Queenie looked up to see her father wasn't even shocked, "Knew you wouldn't last in that school. I told her that you wouldn't be able to keep a low profile for too long. Not with that attitude of yours."

"Hey!" Queenie defended herself, "I lasted almost two years at that God forsaken school, I call that a big win."

FP sighed, "What'd you do?" He questioned calmly as he made his way over to her.

"Guess." She smirked at him as if she were proud. She made her shot with pool stick before looking back up at her father.

"Hmm," FP trialed off as he picked up a pool stick so he could play against Queenie in her next game, "Did you punch someone?"

"Two people, but who exactly."

"That football player that was here yesterday?"

Queenie quietly laughed, "No, but he did try to intervene. I punched a another football player and when I went to punch him again, someone else intervened. And it wasn't just anyone..."

FP glared at his eldest daughter shocked, "You didn't do what I think you did," FP groaned and Queenie smirked at him, knowing that he figured it out almost instantly, "You punched a teacher?"

"Hey! I didn't know it was a teacher until I looked down to see who I ended up giving a bloody nose. I'm pretty sure I broke it by the way," She remarked before smiling brightly at her father as if she didn't do anything wrong, "Southside High registrations still open for this year?"

Her father sighed as he shot one of his pool balls into a hole, "Of course there is, but I was kinda hoping that you would finish your last two years of high school at Riverdale High so that you have a better chance of getting into a great college with a full scholarship and everything."

Queenie rolled her eyes, "Need I remind you, I'm not Jughead, I'm not some freaky genius. The best job I'll get is becoming the head manager at Pop's in four years time while dealing weed on the side." Queenie told her father jokingly.

"What are you talking about, Queenie? You're great at a lot of things."

"What? Being able to outrun the cops? That's only because all of the Riverdale cops are fat and unathletic." Queenie retorted.

"What about music? You're great at music. You can play more instruments than I can count. Let's see; you can play Piano, bass, acoustic, drums, saxophone, trumpet, flute, violin, and also the clarinet."

Queenie sighed, "And what is music going to do for me? Nothing, that's what. I'm a lost cause. I'm going to be stuck here with the Serpents for the rest of my pathetic excuse for a life, just like you," Queenie looked up to see that she slightly hurt her father's feelings, "Look, I didn't mean it like that."

"No, it's fine, you're not lying," Her father replied, "I forgot that I have to go meet Tall Boy, I better get going. Do me a favor and swing by Southside High to pick up the registration packet for me. I'm pretty busy today."

Queenie nodded in agreement before she watched her father walk towards the back of the bar.

Queenie ran a hand through her hair as she walked towards the front entrance of the bar and made her way outside. She quietly gasped to see who was standing before her, leaning on his red convertible as he stared at up at her.