1.6

THE BEGINNING
CHAPTER SIX
MAY 16, 2017

 "Dude, how many damn times are you two going to replay that YouTube video of that fight between Malachi and the Northsider?" Queenie groaned as she sat in English class with Joaquin and Mandy

"As many times as we want. It's hilarious," Joaquin replied, "You literally didn't waste any time running to that Bulldog's side. I don't think you even run that fast when you're being chased by the damn cops. You're clearly in love with him."

"You're funny," Queenie replied as she rolled her eyes, "Anytime I'm even near the kid, I spend the whole time insulting him. That's clearly the opposite of love, Dumbass.¨

Mandy grinned, "Maybe not in your case. I've never even seen you have a crush on someone during our whole entire friendship, maybe that's how you show your attraction towards him."

"Am I interrupting your conversation, Ms. Jones?" Mr. Phillips spoke up as he looked over at the three teens who were sitting on top of their desks instead of in their chairs at the back of the classroom, "The comments from your teachers at Riverdale High state you to be basically mute during lesson, I guess they were wrong?"

"Yeah, that's because I'm finally in my natural habitat, Mr. Phillips." Queenie answered jokingly and Mr. Phillips sighed dramatically before finishing his conversation about the book, Fahrenheit 451, a book Queenie had read in grade nine English at Riverdale High.

• • •

Queenie sat at the Serpent's lunch table beside Joaquin and Mandy when three Ghoulies suddenly walked over to the table and stood in front of Queenie. Some of the other Serpents defensively stood up, not knowing if the Ghoulies were here to start a fight with her.

"Heard you're the reason our boy Malachi got arrested by the cops," The Ghoulie in the middle spoke up. Queenie sent the trio one of her infamous smirks, showing them that she wasn't afraid of them, "People are saying it was you and some red-headed Northsider. You screwing him?"

"Not that's it any of your business, but if you really would like to know: No, I'm not. I may be dumb enough to climb into bed with a snake charmer, but never a Northsider. That would be suicide." Queenie told them both sternly and calmly as one of the Ghoulies laughed.

"You sure about that? We heard some whispers saying that you and Red were caught making out in the Whyte Wyrm."

"Look, I didn't leave a school that lived off of rumors to come here to deal with them here too!" Queenie growled.