3.16

THE SECOND TIME AROUND
CHAPTER SIXTEEN

 At school the next day, Queenie was walking down the hallway by herself

At school the next day, Queenie was walking down the hallway by herself. She continued to walk until Sweet Pea joined her, wrapping an arm around her as they began to walk together.

  "How was geometry?" He asked her curiously and Queenie rolled her eyes.

"Miss Walsh is giving us assigned seats because someone threw a paper ball at her head." Queenie explained, "She's literally the only teacher that gives a crap about us."

  Sweet Pea laughed at her comment, "Weren't you the one who threw the paper ball?" He questioned and Queenie laughed along with him, nodding her head yes.

  When the two teenagers turned the corner, they became confused when they saw Archie talking to Jughead in the hallway, "What the hell is he doing here?" Sweet Pea asked, anger in his tone as he glared at Archie.

"I don't know, but let's find out," Queenie answered, both of them beginning to made their way over to them.

  Before Queenie and Sweet Pea could get far, the school's entrance door bursted open as numerous police officers paraded in, search dogs at their sides. Sheriff Keller and Mayor McCoy led this raid, pointing at random students for them to arrest. Queenie sighed when all of those students seemed to be Southside Serpents.

  "We need to go! Right now!" Sweet Pea shouted out as he grabbed Queenie by the arm.

  As they began to walk away, Queenie quickly dropped her bag on the floor, knowing she would get in trouble if she got caught with Penny's drugs in it.

  Before they could get far, both teenagers were grabbed by deputies.

  "Queenie!" Queenie heard her name being yelled as she was roughly slammed against a locker. As her cheek hit metal, Queenie turned her head to see it was her younger brother.

  Archie was trying his hardest to get Jughead out, but Jughead kept refusing, not wanting to leave his sister.

"Go!" She mouthed to him, gesturing for the door.

   Jughead was hesitant at first, but finally he was out the door, watching through the small window as his friends were arrested.

  Sweet Pea ended up being pushed against the lockers next to Queenie, he watched as Queenie tried to get free from the officer's grasp, "Get your filthy hands off her, she's pregnant!" He shouted angrily, struggling to get his hands free.

  "Sweet Pea, just calm down! It's fine." Queenie assured her boyfriend as they both got handcuffed. 

  Along with the rest of the Serpents, Queenie and Sweet Pea were led outside to separate police cars. For the first time ever, Queenie didn't start trouble when being placed in the back of the cop car. She entered the backseat without fighting to see that Toni was there also.

Through the window, Queenie watched as Sweet Pea struggled to get out of the cop's grasp. He clearly wasn't going to down without his fight. He continued it until his eyes locked on Queenie. She shook her head, trying to tell him to stop before he got himself into more trouble.

  Sweet Pea let out a sigh before calming down, "You okay, Jones?" Toni spoke up and Queenie turned to look at her.

  "Yeah, I'm fine, not the first time in the back of a—" Before she could finish talking, the backseat opened back up and one of the police officers grabbed Queenie by the arm.

"Queenie Jones, you're coming with me." The deputy stated as he helped her out of the car.

  "Where are you taking me?" She questioned, only to have Sheriff Keller walk up to her, holding the key to handcuff in her hand.

  "It's your lucky day, Queenie. You have a lot of people on the Northside of town who would have my head if you got arrested," Sheriff Keller explained, "Fred Andrews, the Blossoms, even the Coopers. You're free to go."

  Queenie let out a sigh, turning her head to see her friends in the back of numerous cops cars as they began to drive away. Her eyes locked with Sweet Pea and Fangs, who happened to be in the same car.

    Their car drove away, but the two boys seemed to still have that same confused look. 

  "When are you my friends getting out? What are they being charged with?" She questioned Sheriff Keller and Mayor McCoy, who had recently joined them.

  "Once they're bailed out, they're free to leave." Mayor informed her and Queenie frowned, "And bail will be set tomorrow morning."

  Queenie scoffed, "All of us live on the Southside of town, Mayor! We don't just have that kind of money just laying around for bail money. Especially when we didn't even do anything to be arrested in the first place!" She shouted and Mayor just gave a small smile.

"I think you'll find a way." She assured her and Queenie let out a sigh before she began to walk away.

_____

  Queenie walked into to Riverdale bank and made her way to the front desk. There was no line, most people were still at work or at school.

  Queenie smiled at the lady at the front desk, "Hi, I was wondering if I can know my balance on my bank account?" She spoke up and the lady nodded.

  "Can I have your name, birthdate and card?" The lady asked and Queenie gave her the information before handing her the car.

"It says Forsythe Jones is your co-owner because you are a minor? Is l that right?" The lady asked and Queenie nodded.

Queenie had a water bottle in her hand so she decided to take a sip while she was waiting, "Okay, so your balance is...five million dollars."

Queenie's eyes widened when she heard the lady's words. The lady that was formerly in her mouth had now been spit everywhere, "Wait, what?" Queenie asked confused, clearly not believing the news.

_____

"So, someone transferred all this money into my bank account but you can't tell me who?" Queenie questioned the lady.

The lady sighed, looking down at the computer, "Sorry, we can't. But it was transferred on September twenty sixth this year, does that help?" The lady replied.

"That sly old bat," Queenie muttered, knowing right away who was at hand for this. Clifford Blossom.

AN: Just pretend that's the date Clifford Blossom killed himself. I don't know the actual date, I don't think they ever said it.