19, Faithful Companion

Two green eyes met Brittas through one of the narrow windows, and a tabby paw reached through. Half awake, Britta watched as it tumbled to the ground.

"Faithful?" She asked.

Well duh. He said.

What are you doing here? Where's Mable, How's Thunder? Quicksilver? What did Micah do with the Aurea?

Shut up. I'm answering you, calm down.

I've been trapped in here all night and half the day thank you very much, I would like to know what is happening.

Ok, ok. Faithful curled up on Britta's lap. I am supposed to help you, so I came here, obviously. Mable got taken halfway up to the castle, but we don't know where, Quicksilver lost sight of them once they entered the forest. Now she's back to following Micah. Thunder is waiting outside, so you can get out of here. As far as we know, Micah took the Aurea and ran with it back to the forest. He went to a hole in the ground.

Well obviously the Emperor isn't unstable at all, they were lying.

How do you know that for sure?

I just do somehow. Britta said, firmly. So, we have to get out of here? She added.

Defiantly, we better get Mable out too.

Britta shook Diana awake and explained everything Faithful had told her.

So we have to find Mable and then figure out what on earth is going on. Now. Finished Britta, pulling at the trap door.

Barely wasting a second, Diana and Faithful followed her to the horses.

"Fawn!" Exclaimed Diana, stroking her mare.

Britta leapt on to Thunder, who was still wearing all his tack from before.

"I'll take that off you later." Britta told him, and he flicked his head.

Good.

The twins stopped at the forest and found a place to stay. It was a small clearing, with the sky peeping through gaps in the canopy

"Food." Britta said, "I'll look for herbs, Diana, try hunt for something to cook."

Diana shrugged, "I would, but no bow, remember?"

"Where did you leave it?" Britta asked.

"In the tree where I was shooting from."

"Faithful, do you think you can get it?"

Of course. Faithful said, but don't expect me to do things like that often. He bounded off through the forest.

Britta searched for herbs and greens to eat, while Diana set up camp. Once her bow was back in her hand, she shot a rabbit to eat and everyone was soon well fed.

"We need to figure out where to go." Said Diana, worriedly, they discussed plans for a while.

Britta had quickly extinguished the camp fire, but now she had the feeling it would have been useful to keep it burning. She felt like they were being watched, but not by people. She did not fear nature and it's creatures, but something told her this one was not quite normal.

"Will we stay for the night then?" She asked, when they figured they had no idea where to look for Mable.

"We should." Said Diana, yawning, "We're no good to anyone one when we're so tired, besides, we don't have any idea at all where Mable is."