11, Thunder Bolt

"Want to see for yourself?" She asked, holding out the pot. She supposed that as much as she found him either annoying or intimidating – His eyes still made her shiver – she might as well try get on his good side.

He nodded, taking it from her and cautiously taking a sip.

"You'll have to take more than that." Britta chided and watched the lines smooth out on his forehead when he did.

She stretched out a tentative hand and took the pot from him. She was regretting speaking to him; she always seemed to say too much. Miach nodded his thanks, and Britta closed her hand around the handle of the pot and hurried off. She found her friends sitting in their usual spot, blinking sleepily or cradling their heads. Thom, as Neal clearly stated, had refused to drink much at all.

"He's just annoyed he drunk so much." Retorted Thom.

"Or he can't handle alcohol." Said Ed. Neal shoved him sideways, the wicked spark returning to his pale green eyes.

"I have something that will help," said Britta, rather shyly as she was not sure if tea was the kind of thing a man should be offering. She held out the pot and bade the men to get mugs. She smiled happily at the grunt's of appreciation; she's rarely seen the food she cooked at the Abbey enjoyed by anyone. She was thanked several times before they got to the training area. The Fox was standing in the middle with his hands on his hips.

"I expect you all to get out your horses. Hopefully you have been riding them throughout the week."

Britta was happy to get Thunder out. She thanked Hoshi with rubs and pats.

Sorry you can't come, but we're only allowed one horse.

No matter, Thunder is as much as you can handle, Hoshi said teasingly. 

Thanks, Britta said sarcastically as she clipped the lead-rope onto Thunders bridle. 

She walked Thunder to the tack shed and was careful to act as though she couldn't talk to Thunder, using the Voice silently, similar to what she did with Diana.

Please let me put the bridle and saddle on you, we won't be able to ride otherwise.

Ride without either all the time.

Yes but this time we're being assessed as to how we do this.

No, do not need. Who cares what they think?

I don't either, but I want to be able to do well and the only way I'm going to be able to do that is if you let me put your gear on.

Thunders' ears flew back and with a loud throated neigh, he backed away. Britta watched helplessly as he bolted through the stable door and with a flaming face she went after him.

Thunder you stupid horse, get back here before they decided they've no use for you.

All she got back was a distant pounding in her ears and she knew Thunder was running further and further away. She felt the eyes on her and slowly turned around, Diana's eyes bore into hers. Britta shrugged.

He'll come back.

Don't kid yourself.

Come on Di I just.... He didn't....

"Bren" Came a voice from behind her. It was the stable master. "You've just lost one of our horses. I expect you to find him and bring him back, I knew you were being too cocky when you assumed you could control him."