Chapter 12

Hailey's P.O.V.

"Hi, I didn't see you there." I say awkwardly since Sarah is here.

I stop in the tracks as I'm in front of them before I feel Mark trying to interview our hands. I went with it mostly because I didn't want to look like a loser in front of Shaun or Sarah.

"Are you guys going to the after party?" Sarah asks us before Mark and I shake our head in the same time.

"Are you guys a thing or something?" Shaun asks as he points to our hands.

"Yeah." Mark and I say at the same time.

"That's great, you guys are so cute together!" Sarah says happily.

Gosh, I can't take my eyes of Shaun and I think he already figured that out. I mean it's not like he hasn't been staring at me the whole conversation except when he spotted Mark and I's hand.

"Thank you." I say with a smile.

"We should probably get going." Mark interrupts.

"It was nice meeting you." Sarah says.

She is so nice, I feel bad for getting involve with her boyfriend.

"Thank you, you too." I say before I rush to my car while dragging Mark with me.

"That was fun." Mark says sarcastically as we let go of each other's hand.

"Super." I tell him before we both get in my car.

"If Best Buy is closed, I am going to be so disappointed." Mark exclaims after I start my Jeep.

"Bet." I simply say.

~~~
"Hailey!" I hear someone yell my name as I finish washing my teeth.

I ran down the stairs to see my step-brother and Matt sitting in the living room watching a show but I'm not sure which one.

"What's up?" I ask as I walk to the living room.

"We have to talk about yesterday night." Matt speaks up.

Umm well this is weird. Gus always acted like an older brother but I was always the one who gave him peep talks.

"What about it?" I ask before sitting down in the sofa next to them.

To be honest I'm not nervous about this talk at all because I didn't do anything wrong last night.

Oh wait never mind, I did make out with a taken man.

"You and Mark? When were you going to tell me." Gus says before I nervously chuckle.

"We're just friends. Who even told you?" I tell him in a calm matter.

"Everyone saw you guys. By that I mean everyone." Matt says joining the conversation.

"What's wrong with that? Can't a girl be friends with a guy and don't be anything?" I ask them but now not too calm.

"Be friends with you best friend's ex, that doesn't sound right. Plus people might think your a slut." Gus tells me as I nod.

I totally disagree with him.

"A slut? Because as I recall I have only been with one guy in a serious relationship and one fling. I say that's pretty non-slutty." I tell him before getting up.

"Just be careful." Matt speaks up.

"I'll see you guys later." I tell them after I look at the time.

Shaun wanted to go surfing today with me at noon and it's almost noon.

I walk to the kitchen before grabbing my keys and phone. After I head over to my car before starting the drive since my board is already on the top of the car.

~~

"Hailey!" I hear some guys say my name as I out my surfboard in the sand.

I look up to see a group of 4 to 5 guys and 3 girls, they all look like their in their 15 or 16. Most of them are brown hair but one of the girls is a ginger and another one is blonde.

"Hi!" I say very happy as I get up from being kneel down.

"Can we get a picture?" The blonde girl before I nod.

I always take pictures with fans even if I am late to go somewhere because if they didn't support me then I wouldn't be where I am today.

"Yeah ofcourse." I tell them before we start taking pictures.

Shaun is getting us something to eat nearby and that is why he is not here but his board.

"Who's board is that?" One of the guys ask as I smile.

"Shaun's." I simply answer before finish with all the pictures.

"Shawn Mendes?" The ginger girl say so happy and excited.

"Sadly not Shawn Mendes." I hear a voice behind me.

"Shaun White!" Another one of the boys speaks up.

"Are you guys a thing or something?" The blonde girl ask.

"So no Shawn Mendes?" The ginger girl says disappointed.

"We're just friends, she is teaching me to be a better surfer and I'm going to teach her how to snowboard." Shaun explains to the blonde girl.

"Isn't Gus Kenworthy her step-brother?" The same boy continues.

"Yes, he is." I tell him.

"And Gus won't teach you how to snowboard?" The same boy asks before I chuckle.

"Gus sucks at teaching." I explain to him.

I turn back to look at Shaun.

"Thank you for the pictures, we'll leave you guys to eat peacefully." The black hair girl says before they all walk away.

"That was fun." I say before sitting down in the sand.

"Hailey, tell me about yourself." Shaun tells me as he sits right next to me.

"I am different from a lot of girls while I grew up, I tried to not be but I am. I didn't know how to talk to people. I was shy and a bit of a loner back in Hawaii. My dad was the only one I could talk to but when my parents got divorced. I was forced to live with my mom and she never let me see my father. So I keep everything to myself till a couple months later I meet Coco and Alex. Then Gus came when my mom married his dad and we immediately clicked." I explain Shaun as I tell him about myself.

"What about you?" I ask Shaun.

"My full name is Shaun Roger White. I was actually named after a surfer called Shaun Tomson. I used to sleep in a van so I could snowboard more. I also play guitar and not trying to brag but I am very good at that too. I am a co-owner of Air-Style and my trade mark is the sky-hook." Shaun tells me about himself.

"You know what I like about you?" Shaun ask me as I look at him confuse.

"What, Shaun?" I ask him as he smirks.

"I like when I am around you because I feel like myself." Shaun tells me before he gets closer to me and picks my lips.

—————
(A/N): Hello readers!! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter as much as I do. But sadly I am running out of ideas so if you guys have any for this book, please leave some comments!