The Empath looked down at the phone in her hand, grinning up at Lydia. She threw her arms around her best friend's neck and hugged her tight. Lydia and Allison both chuckled in amusement.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"You welcome, Harps," Lydia mumbled.

The position that they were in reminded of her of how they had made out in the middle of the other high school party, causing her to blush a little. She knew that Lydia was the kind of girl to kiss people in the moment and not regret it, but Harper wasn't like that. They hadn't talked about the kiss at all, so she didn't know if the strawberry blonde had forgotten or if she just didn't think that it mattered enough to discuss.

For the rest of the day the three teenage girls hung out and did normal teenage girl stuff. They painted each others nails, watched movies, blasted music, gosspied about non-supernatural related things going around at school. For the first time in a long time Harper felt like a normal girl- until suddenly Lydia screamed.

It had come out of nowhere- they were all just watching On my Block on Netflix when she had just lurched forwards, belting out as loud as she could. Allison and Harper's hands both went over their ears, flinching at the sudden sound.

"What's going on?" Harper cried once her best friend had stopped.

"The school!" Lydia panted, grabbing her keys off of the side, "we need to get to the school."

Allison and Harper glanced at each other but didn't question her. With a short nod they were out the door and to the school.

...

Harper didn't protest when Allison had called Scott and Stiles and told them to meet them at the school, even though she really wanted to. She hadn't seen Stiles since he had broken up with her, but she realised that it was better sooner rather than later.

They were stood out the front of the school when Scott's motorbike suddenly pulled up, followed by the familiar blue jeep that caused Harper to wince.

"Over here," Lydia called, the two boys walking over.

Stiles' eyes caught sight of Harper, and the tension was suddenly so thick that you would need a massive knife to cut through it. They made eye contact for a split second before Stiles looked away, unable to look at her. He needed to get her alone so that he could bring up the voicemail that she had left last night, but she hadn't been answering her phone all day.

"Something happened," Lydia explained, "we were watching TV and then I felt this urge to scream. So I did, and then I pictured the school. So now I'm here," she looked at Stiles, "and you told us to call you if there's a dead body."

"You found  a dead body?" Stiles cried.

"Not yet," Lydia shook her head.

"'Not yet'? What do you mean, 'not yet'?" Stiles repeated, frustrated, "Lydia, you're supposed to call us after you find the dead body."

"No, I'm not doing that again," Lydia protested, "you find the dead body from now on."

Scott glanced away from the bickering pair, his brown eyes landing on a body slumped over the Beacon Hills High School sign.

"Guys," the werewolf called, "I found the dead body."

...

"Harper, wait," a hand gently grabbed her wrist before she could get into Lydia's car and leave.

Harper turned around, glancing down at Stiles' hand on her wrist before back up at him. Red and blue lights flashed from the police cars behind him, and he had a frown on his face. She watched Lydia glare at him out of the corner of her eye but Harper dismissed her.