Parth and I did some scenes together too but beyond shoot or work-related concerns, we didn't speak. I didn't even know if we were even friends. We didn't even follow each other anywhere. We had almost the same circles, but we'd rarely interact. How were we anything close to friends?

I didn't know if I had feelings for him, but I just felt lonely without Parth talking to me. On screen, apparently we had brilliant chemistry. He was just too good an actor; Manik probably came naturally to him. I had to struggle to act as a perfectionist. For those scenes, we had to take multiple takes sometimes, which pissed him off. We stayed up late nights on sets and sometimes we were the only cast.

That day was one such day. I had packed up after the late night shoot. It was about 1:30 in the morning. I locked the door and sat in front of the vanity, on the staircase, trying to book a cab. A bike halted before me, but I was too busy to look.

"Niti..." For the first time in almost forever, I heard my name escape his lips. Something had changed. My heart thumped fast. "It's late, chalo main drop kardunga."

"No it's okay; it's on the other side of the city. It's already late." He checked the time on his watch. I gazed at his wrist, revealing his protruding veins. Mentally, I felt a whiplash. This man is sexy even when he doesn't try.

"Arre... no problem, come. It's past midnight, we can reach quickly." Hesitantly, I climbed his bike. He scanned me through the side mirror quickly. While I was supporting myself with one of my hands on his shoulders, he twitched at the effect.

I don't know about everyone, but sitting on a bike with another person is a very romantic thing for me.

He drove away once I ensured I was sitting properly, but not touching any part of his body. I didn't want to break the strength I'd built in me after so long, to keep myself away from him. The only sound produced was the wheels hitting the roads and the engine. It was awkward until Parth decided to break the ice. "I'm umm... actually sorry for that day. I was so drunk and... uh... Mujhe aisa behave nahi karna chahiye tha." I nodded, still not quite convinced.

I actually thought it was me who needed to apologize and sort things out, but very well! I was glad he was sorry. I was quiet though, yet again unlike me. I realized I was really nervous around him, and only with him. Every time it was him and I alone, my heart would pop to death or something.

He watched me through the side-mirror again for a response and then let out a low grunt. "Kuch bolo..."

"Okay." That was enough to put him off.

He vroomed rapidly on the uneven roads of Mumbai. Some little stores were still open, making the ride less lonely. We crossed a speed-breaker and with that jolt, I bumped into him. My torso was pressed to his back and my hands were on his thighs. He halted the bike abruptly in reflex. Shit!

Did he feel the same things I felt? The heat and the tension?

His neck craned to the side, over his shoulder. Oh God! That one gesture sent jitters down my spine. I could hear his loud hitched breaths and my own thumping heartbeat against his back. "Are... you okay?" He didn't seem normal too. I nodded impulsively, unable to utter a word, while retracting my hands slowly.

I sat back straight, pulling away. His index finger ran along the edge of his lower lip as he tried to conceal the sudden rush of his hormones. That was so embarrassing!

He started the bike again, clumsily. The silence wasn't helping the situation. I made up my mind to say something, anything.

"Mera actually koi boyfriend nahi hai." I just wanted him to know, and not assume I was dating someone. I didn't want to ruin the slightest chances for myself, for what I thought he felt too. He smiled, and I caught that through the bike side-mirror.