22

[Location: the study]

Salem and her father take a seat at a table with a few cups of Crimson Tea. Velvet is guarding the jar and bag while listening to the conversation.

Salem: Wait, so every night you implanted corruption into three innocent teens so you can transform them into world destroying abominations, in case of an emergency?

You: Well when you put it like that, I sound just like the church. Anyway after giving it to Glynda from behind-

Salem: Ew.

You: A few months later, out popped a little me!... Unfortunately it disappeared when I wasn't looking, so now the world is cursed with a half god half telekinetic hybrid running around.

Salem: And the faunus?

You: A depressed girl who wishes for the affection of someone willing to accept her for who she is instead of what she is? It was a piece of cake!

Velvet snaps her rabbit skull covered head at him with an expressionless face.

You: Oh hush up, you turned out fine-ish.

Salem: So what's with the jar and bag of mannequin limbs?

You: You know I like to keep myself busy, so I gathered up the remains of a broken machine and collected as much ashes of a dead person until I got bored and said 'fuck it'. Oh yeah, your little buddy got hurt.

He points over to an unconscious Cinder sitting in a chair, bandages covering her left eye and her missing arm.

You: So are you gonna throw her out for a new one?

Salem: Is she still alive?

You:... On the outside or inside?

Salem: She is still of use to me, father. She has the maiden's power and has accomplished what I asked of her. So help me patch her back up.

You: "sigh" Fiiiinne. Velvet! Grab the jar and bag and take them to the basement. If you suddenly feel a sense of dread and have suicidal thoughts, you're getting close. Just set them on the couch and pop in a movie until I stop by.

Velvet grabs the items and tries to leave.

Salem: Wait... Why doesn't she talk?

You: Uuuhh, yeah about that... Velvet, why don't you say hello?

Velvet turns around and looks between both of them.

Velvet:............ "SCRRRRREEEEEEE-

He grabs a pocket book from a shelf and shoves it in her mouth to shut her up.

Salem: Holy crap! It's like two cats raping eachother on top of a chalk board!

You: At some point, during her transformation, her vocal cords became completely shot. Now she can only make sounds that are like nails in a blender.

Velvet looks to the ground dejected, the book falls out of her mouth.

You: B-but we'll make it all better! I promise! Anyway let's fix this bitch up, Salem.

He picks up Cinder over his shoulder and follows Salem to the infirmary while Velvet heads to the basement with the jar of dead people dust and the bag of change for a nickel.

[Location: Infirmary]

After stabilizing Cinder for a few hours, the two finally look upon their handy work.

Salem: "sigh" As much as I am grateful that she is still alive, we need to do something about the arm and eye.

You: Just give her an eye patch and replace the arm with something useful. Hell, give her a hair cut while you're at it. I'm heading to the basement.

He leaves the room and returns to his rightful domain.

Your p.o.v.

I walk down the stares to the basement and see Velvet watching The Thing with Pyrrha's jar of ashes and Penny's head laying next to her. I grab the jar and bag and head further into the basement. The walls slide open and I step into the darkness, the walls closing behind me.

Salem's p.o.v.

Salem: Wake up damn it!

I have been trying to wake up Cinder for the past hour with no results.

Salem: 'Hold up. What did father say about that Peach woman?'.....

*slap slap*

Cinder:.... "grunt"

Salem: Wow, it actually works.

Cinder: "groan"

Salem: Cinder. CAN. YOU. HEAR. ME?

Cinder: hhh-"cough cough"

Salem: Huh, your vocal cords seem to have been damaged as well. At least it's not like Velvet's.

Cinder: hhhah?

Salem: Long story. Now, here's what's going to happen. I am going to remove your damaged eye. Then I'm going to try and replace your missing arm with Grimm material.

Cinder: whh?

Salem: Why am I waking you up instead of doing this in your sleep you might ask? Well... let's just say this is the perfect way to help build an immunity to pain. Let's get started.

I pin her down as she struggles.

Salem: Hold still! You'll only make it worse!

[Location: basement]

3rd p.o.v.

As Velvet continues to watch the movie, she starts to hear screaming from up stairs. She grabs the remote and turns the volume up as she gets more comfortable on the couch.

----

A/n:....... The calm before the storm.