We leave our house and make our way to the car, the growl of the exhaust disrupting the quiet evening as Kaden drives out of the countryside. Just as we've made it onto the road, I turn to him but frown when he holds up a finger.

"You are not allowed to ask me any questions about our date tonight." He states, making my jaw drop.

"That's not fair! At least tell me something, please Kaden?" I pout, smirking mentally when his resolve begins to falter.

He glances at me a few times, eyes darkening when they land on my lips before he shakes his head, a frustrated growl escaping him. "No."

"You suck." I grumble, huffing as I cross my arms.

He stops at a red light before turning to me with a wicked grin. "I most definitely do."

I frown at him before understanding the innuendo, gasping as I smack his arm. "Kaden!"

He laughter booms in the car as he drives on, leaning over to press kisses to my heated cheeks whenever the traffic came to a standstill or the lights turned red. I pretended to act annoyed in the start but eventually, a few giggles had escaped.

Soon, we arrive outside a restaurant. My eyes widen when I recognize the place, I've heard it's extremely difficult to reserve a table here. I turn to Kaden, who smiles in response before getting out and making his way to my door. We walk inside, Kaden's arm wrapped possessively around my waist.

A man leads us to our table and we're greeted by our waiter for the night as soon as we're seated. Our table is situated in the back in a romantic setting which I love. The restaurant is classy with expensive décor and art on the walls, dim lighting giving the place a cosy feel.

We order our drinks as we browse through the menu, listening to the recommendations the waiter suggests once he comes back with our beverages. We order a starter and main, thanking the man as he takes our menus.

"This is so nice." I breathe, looking around in awe.

"Only the best for my mate." He grins, draping an arm across my shoulders.

I smile widely in reply, reaching out to hold his hand across the table. Our meals eventually arrive, the smell of the hot food making my mouth water. Kaden and I talk throughout dinner, staying away from the topic of work. We have a rule that whenever we spend time together, we don't talk about our jobs.

We order two desserts and share them before paying the bill. Making our way out of the restaurant, we get into the car and drive off. I'm watching the scenery go by as it switches from city buildings and shops to green fields and a clear view of the night sky.

We're almost home when Kaden veers off down another road, taking us slightly uphill. I turn to him in a mix of surprise and confusion, wondering where he is taking me because I really thought our date was over.

"Patience, little moon." He chuckles, a secretive smile on his lips.

We reach a point where the rough path levels out into a gravel road, parking in a makeshift car park. I follow Kaden when he gets out of the car, a breathless laugh escaping me when he appears right in front of me using his supernatural speed.

He takes my hand, intertwining them, as he guides me up the winding path. There's nothing but countryside around us and I start to wonder what could be at the top of the hill. The night is a beautiful one though, and a sense of peace fills me as I look up at the clear sky. It's like an ink bottle was spilt, scattering millions of sparkling stars onto its canvas as a crescent moon drifts through the clouds, illuminating them temporarily.

"Kaden, where are you taking me?" I laugh, holding onto his hand tightly when the hill becomes steeper.

"Hush, just a few steps more." He stops before pulling me in front of his body.

We are on top of the hill where you can see the entire city below. I gasp in awe, staring at the landscape before me. It's perfect with the city lights brightening up the night and the twinkling stars above; like a scene out of a movie.

I turn with a grin, only for my eyes to widen when I see Kaden down on one knee. My hand flies to my mouth to stifle my gasp, unable to believe my eyes. He's nervous but with a determined look in his eyes which makes me smile.

"Kaden..."

"I thought about what you said before I met your parents. I was terrified because I felt like they wouldn't think I'm good enough for you. Hell, I don't even think I deserve you. But, I'm a selfish man and I want you Luna. I want you to know how serious I am about you. Every morning I wake up, I want to see you and every night that I go to bed, I want to hold you as you drift off to sleep. I want to experience life with you; grow old with you. I want the good and the bad, I want all of it." He smiles, tears spilling down my cheeks at his words.

His eyes widen in concern when he sees that I'm crying and I laugh as I tell him they're happy tears. I can't believe this is happening. Marriage had not even crossed my mind with my life being so busy working in a hospital and running the pack with Kaden.

"You've loved me for who I am and stuck by me. I want to promise you that for the rest of our lives, there won't be a day where you're not smiling, when you're not showered with love and affection by me. I want to spend an eternity with you. So, will you, Luna Winters, make me the happiest man on Earth by marrying me?"

I struggle to get the words out, overwhelmed with emotion. "Yes!"

He grins happily, picking me up and twirling me around. Laughter escapes my lips and echoes in the quiet night. I feel giddy, the happiest I have ever been and it's all because of this man. 

I bring his lips down onto mine, trying to tell him just how much I love him in this kiss. It's gentle and sweet, like we're trying to savor the taste and feel of each other in this unforgettable moment. Pulling away, he takes the diamond ring out of the box and slides it on my ring finger. I stare at it, mesmerized by its simplicity. It's beautiful and I can't imagine a more perfect design.

"I love it." I breathe, grinning widely as I look up at him. "I love you."

He smiles gently, pulling me close and resting his forehead against mine. "I love you. Every second of every moment, I fall in love with you all over again."

The third bonus chapter of Kaden's Luna is already up on Inkitt! I love this one and can't wait for you guys to read it! Click the link in my bio to read it now!

Please VOTE if you enjoyed this chapter!

Next update: Saturday!

- R.W.