Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four – Jealous Wolf.

I hum sleepily when I feel my hair being swept away before soft lips begin peppering kisses onto my cheek and neck. Warmth envelopes me and I hear the chirping of birds outside. I sigh in content and roll over, opening my eyes to see Kaden hovering above me.

"Good morning, sweetheart." He murmurs, tucking away a messy strand of my bedhead hair.

He looks breathtakingly handsome in the morning light with his bright blue eyes, wet, dark hair and a husky voice to match. I smile gently, caressing his cheek as I mumble out a good morning. He kisses my nose, making me giggle before I sit up.

"How does breakfast at Rosie's sound?"

I smile brightly, nodding in agreement. "Sounds great!"

"Good, I've got a bath running for you. Come on." He gets off the bed before standing, reaching out for me.

I slip my hand in his and let him pull me up, immediately blushing when instead of placing me on the floor, he wraps my legs around his waist. He chuckles lowly in amusement, gazing at me with adoration in his eyes as he carries me towards the bathroom.

I bite my lip and focus on the design of his shirt instead, tracing the pattern with my index finger. It didn't do much to chase away my naughty thoughts but at least my cheeks weren't the same shade as a tomato anymore.

Kaden finally places me onto my own two feet once we are inside the bathroom, my clothes already picked out for me. I smile in appreciation when he tells me to take my time before leaving the room, closing the door behind him. I sigh and take off my clothes, tying my hair into a topknot so that it doesn't get wet, having washed it only last night.

As I slip into the tub, warm water greets me with the scent of vanilla. I close my eyes and relax completely, moving my hands in the water so that it creates gentle ripples. I scoop up a handful of bubbles before blowing them away, smiling in content.

Before I fall asleep again, I get out of the tub with a sad sigh. Kaden is most likely waiting for me downstairs so we can head out to the diner together, I didn't want to keep him waiting. Drying myself with the large towel, I quickly put my clothes on, chuckling when I see that Kaden has picked out a skirt for me to wear. When I am fully dressed, I walk out of the bathroom and into his bedroom, styling my hair before rushing downstairs with my shoulder bag.

I sit on the second last step and put my heeled boots on, sensing Kaden walk over to me. He pulls me up as soon as I am done before we make our way out of the house, grabbing my jacket just as we leave. I murmur out a thank you when he rushes forward and opens my door for me, smiling as I take a seat before he closes the door and gets into the driver's seat.

He starts the engine and drives down the rough road, the scenic countryside passing by. I look at him when he grabs my hand, a small smile on his lips. Intertwining our hands, I rest them on my thigh before turning down the radio. Kaden glances at me with an expectant look, waiting for me to speak.

"Are there any other supernatural creatures besides werewolves?" I ask in a curious tone, my thumb rubbing across warm skin.

"Yes, there are vampires, warlocks, witches, fairies, demons and many more." He nods, driving up a steep road.

I stare in him, unblinking which makes him laugh once he glances at me for a quick second. "Wow. How have you all managed to stay hidden from us humans for so long?"