Chapter Thirty-Three

Chapter Thirty-Three – Tease.

Kaden Reid's P.O.V.

After breakfast, everyone crowded into Axel's large office. I take a seat on the couch with Rico choosing to stand behind me. I look around at the people in the room. Thomas is in Axel's office chair behind the large mahogany desk. Celia is sitting beside Axel on the larger couch and Owen is by the window, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

Daisy De Leon is the only one of their family not present. At just thirteen years old, she's much too young to be involved in matters such as this. I had requested Natalie to take Luna away from the meeting, which she agreed to.

Luna's confused expression still lingers in my mind. She had wanted to attend the meeting with me, eager to get rid of Ace from my life. But I didn't want my mate to stress about me when she had University and work on her plate already. I could take care of Ace with the help of Axel's pack and ensure Luna would not be hurt.

I sigh in frustration, wishing she was here with me now. A simple touch from her can calm me down in an instant and I want to run back out and make her sit with me, just so I know she's safe and unharmed. F*ck, Ace has really got me on edge. I thought, clenching my teeth in anger. She's in the house, on pack lands with guards positioned everywhere. She is fine.

"So, Ace was the Beta of your previous pack that was ran by Reid. Days before the pack was wiped out, he disappeared. Where did you go after that?" Thomas asks, wanting full details to assess the situation.

I knew what he's like from experience of observing him run the pack when I was younger and when I would fly over for the holidays. He is stern, serious and calculating when involved in dealing with problems but off duty, he's more laidback, calm and friendly.

"I moved from Chicago to New York after I was thrown out two years before I was set to take over the pack. I attended school and earned a degree there before I was assigned a project in Spain. Wherever I moved, Rico was with me. We first saw Ace outside the office in Madrid." I explained, recalling how shocked I was to see the Beta.

"Did you go up to him? Question him?" Axel questions, a frown on his lips as he stares at me.

"No." I shake my head, a ragged breath escaping me. "I knew my father died when the pack was attacked and wiped out. It was everywhere. I assumed nothing of seeing Ace in the same city as me...until Rico and I moved to Vancouver."

Thomas and Axel lean forward in their seats, a serious look on their faces because they already sensed that something had happened. Owen steps forward and takes a seat beside Axel, anxious to know.

"Rico was still at the company where we were working. I had been let go early so with nothing else to do, I went back to the apartment we were renting. Long story short, they broke in to the apartment and as I made my way through the mess, I was attacked and beaten up pretty badly. They took some of my things but thankfully, nothing was out of place in Rico's room." I sigh loudly, running a hand through my hair in frustration.

"That bastard." Owen growls angrily, his brother and father wearing the same expressions.

"He had you followed and attacked only to take some of your belongings?!" Thomas seethes, standing up from his chair abruptly before slamming his hand down on the table and squaring me with an intimidating look. "Mathers is planning something big. Owen, get Felix to find out his whereabouts -"