10 nightmare

{flashbacks will be in bold font style}☾ ⋆・゚:⋆・゚:✧⋆

☾ ⋆・゚:⋆・゚:✧⋆.:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

"Kai!" Sehun waved his hand at the counter, calling Kai over.

Taking a sip from my coffee, I rolled my eyes and averted my gaze as Kai approached our table.

"You guys are here too?" Kai's voice cut through the air as he stood by our table.

I sighed inwardly. Why does it seem like the more I try to keep my distance from him, the closer he gets?

He pulled out a chair, inquiring if he could join us. The others all nodded, and Saeron's eyes darted towards me, awaiting my response. I offered a forced smile and nodded as well.

"Are you okay?" Mirae whispered to me, her curiosity evident.

Meeting her gaze, I managed a smile. The group chatted away, and I joined in the conversation, except for moments when Kai was speaking. An overwhelming urge to escape to the ladies' room enveloped me. I stood up, leaning over to Mirae to explain my departure. She nodded in understanding.

Inside the restroom, I took a moment to adjust my makeup and glanced at my phone, which was vibrating with an incoming call from Blake.

"Hello?" I answered, humor coloring my voice. "Why? Are you worried about me?"

Blake cleared his throat. "Well, yes, I am. How could I not be?"

"Don't worry. I'm fine here. It hasn't even been a month yet. I doubt things can go that bad," I said, though my hope was tinged with uncertainty.

Realizing that I'd spent quite some time in the restroom, I figured Mirae might be wondering. Exiting the restroom, I continued my call with Blake. "Can I call you back later? I'm outside with my schoolmates now."

"Ah, you've made a friend already. That's good to hear. Have fun and take care," Blake's voice held warmth and understanding.

As I hung up, a familiar voice interrupted my steps. Kai stood before me, curiosity etched on his features. "Who was that?" he inquired.

"Minding your own business would be a great start," I retorted, locking eyes with him before gently pushing past and joining Mirae and her friends.

We conversed and shared laughter. Saeron glanced at the time and pouted, "It's already 11. I should head home."

Agreeing nods followed suit, and we all rose from our seats. Glancing towards a corner of the cafe, I spotted a familiar figure, though her identity eluded me. A sigh escaped me. It hadn't been a month since I arrived, yet so many familiar faces have crossed my path. Was it my imagination? I brushed the thought aside.

Exiting the cafe, we made our way towards Sehun's car. "I can drive you home," he offered.

Shaking my head, I declined, "No, thanks. I live nearby. I'll just walk."