5 first day

☾ ⋆・゚:⋆・゚:✧⋆

☾ ⋆・゚:⋆・゚:✧⋆.:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

I stood before the mirror, my gaze evaluating the school uniform that I hadn't worn in ages. The fabric felt strangely familiar against my skin. After straightening my appearance, I slung my backpack over my shoulder and made my way downstairs.

Entering the dining room, I joined my family who were in the midst of their breakfast. "Good morning!" I greeted them, my tone cheerful.

Jessica's toast spread with jam caught my attention. "Seems like you're in a good mood today," she remarked, her eyes twinkling with curiosity. "Excited for school?"

I stifled a sigh, my annoyance peeking through. "I'm just trying to infuse some positivity into my morning and everyone else's, so please, let's not dwell on the topic of school," I replied, a hint of annoyance in my voice.

"Got it. Let's drop it," Jessica acquiesced, sensing my irritation.

Dad intervened, sensing the brewing tension. "Alright, alright. Let's focus on breakfast, both of you," he said, his calming words diffusing the tension.

As we shared the morning meal, Mom and Dad engaged in their playful banter about who should accompany me to school. Truth be told, I was hardly concerned with who would be the designated chauffeur.

Amidst their banter, Jessica seized the opportunity and swiftly snatched her car keys before hurrying to the front door. "Mom, Dad! I'm taking Krystal. She's running late!" Jessica's voice echoed through the house.

With laughter bubbling, we quickly made our way to the waiting car. "So, who are you meeting later?" Jessica inquired as the engine purred to life. The casual tone in her voice couldn't hide her curiosity.

A mischievous grin spread across my face. "Well, I guess Uncle Jaebi? He's the one who's got everything sorted out for me." The thought of seeing my supportive uncle brought a surge of confidence.

Jessica's eyes flicked to mine briefly. "Oh, so you've got it all handled then?" she asked, her attention on the road.

I hesitated for a moment, contemplating the challenges ahead. "I mean, I guess so." My uncertainty crept into my voice.

We pulled up in front of the school building. My heart raced as I took in the scene, my eyes sweeping over the bustling students. Uncertainty gnawed at me, and I let out a heavy sigh.

Jessica reached out, her hand enveloping mine. Her comforting touch spoke volumes, even though no words were exchanged. "Remember, Soojung, this is a fresh start. Embrace it," she whispered gently, her voice like a soothing balm for my nerves.

I nodded, absorbing her reassurance. A sense of resolve washed over me, bolstered by her support. Retrieving my earphones from the front pocket of my backpack, I plugged them into my phone, attempting to create a buffer between myself and the overwhelming environment.