CHAPTER TWELVE: YOU TOO

Start from the beginning

"Assalamu alaykum Rapmon," Jin's familiar voice said.

"Wa alaykumusalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh," I answered lengthily, willing myself not to treat him as an opponent.

I just got her boss out of the way and I really really would hate it if someone tries to win her heart too aside from me.

"Can you do me a favor and convince her to go home right now please?" I sincerely asked him.

It's barely even eight pm and she already met Jin. If this night drags on, she might meet someone else. Sometimes, I wish I could just keep her beside me so I can always be assured that she only has eyes for me.

"Why does she have other plans?" Jin asked.

"Wait did RM just?" I heard her say in the background.

"Can I talk to him please?" her impatient annoyed voice said.

"Ahh, no," Jin said to her.

"Thanks man. Tell her that as a beautiful woman, she ought to say home to avoid danger and also to you know, not be a distraction or a cause of fitnah," I told him.

We all know in Islam, when there is no need to stay outside at night, it is encouraged and advise to just stay home. The devil works well at night as the night is filled with lots of temptations. This reminded me of Mufti Menk in one of the lectures I attended when he said, "A disbeliever asked a believer – 'So you want me to read the Qur'an? On a Friday night?"

The true believers understand that there can be no happiness as equal as to the alone moment you have with Allah, reading and reciting His Message for you. This is why every night before I sleep, I pray two raka'at and recite the Qur'an.

"I'll try my best. Do you want to speak to her again?" he asked.

"Naaah, she's just going to say that I'm not her father. Thank you Jin. Jazakallahu khairan. Assalamu alaykum."

"Wa alaykumusalam,"

I automatically texted her as soon as the call ended. Fatima, on every salary day has the tendency to really have too much fun all by herself sometimes. She especially loves shopping for her family.

I got back at the set and concentrated on the scenes. But the thought of Fatima with Jin had me feeling a bit restless.

I hope and pray after Sunday, I won't feel this restless anymore after she says yes to my proposal, in shaa Allah.

****************************************************************************************************

Fatima's POV

"Please be home in an hour. I will call you by then," was Rapmon's text message at me.

"Is he always that protective over you?" Jin asked.

"Yeah, sometimes," I said.

Because sometimes, RM chooses to stay silent in a week or two, unless I contact him.

"So he told me to convince you to head home now. I could give you a ride," Jin offered.

"No thanks I still have to buy something," I told him politely refusing his offer.

"Okay, so I still cannot believe you worked as a dishwasher in a restaurant," he again said.

I smiled at him. We talked about that few minutes ago before RM called.