Part 38

Peering at the giant's camp Kendra gasped in unbelief, "They are strapping villagers to poles and stacking firewood against them. They are trying to lure us away from the holy place. "They know that we have the aid of angels here."

Chralane tensed as he pushed with his spirit in intercessory prayer against the coming outrage.

Looking into the spiritual realm Kendra saw that both good and evil were evenly matched. The doors of heaven were opening and the trumpet call was sounding but it would still not be enough. "I am going to have to draw them away from the villagers and back here," he gritted his teeth, unsheathed his sword and disappeared from Chralane's side.

Rubbing his eyes Chelnuk yawned a, "Dad?"

As he looked down at Kendra's son Chralane warned him, "He is trying to stop a great evil," glancing back at the enemy camp he saw the king's champion appear and slay the first giant.

Quickly Chelnuk clambered over the wall, "To arms," he cried to rouse the others from their slumber then started to run to help his father.

Kendra appeared, slashed, then seconds later reappeared in front of another giant to slay him also. Never before had he used his father's gift such.