Part 9

Wilna was Chelnuk’s wife and she had borne him three children so far, Gilka the eldest son, Gandra the daughter and Fult the youngest son. They were all giants for their age and Gilka stood at six feet even though he was only ten years old.

Knocking on his old apartment doors Kendra was greeted by his Granddaughter Gandra, “Big Abba!” She jumped into his arms and he cuddled her.

This gave him great joy but also sadness for he knew that his wife Sanilas would probably never see them in the flesh. “Is your father in?” he asked.

“Abba,” she cried in Aramaic and, in answer, Chelnuk popped his head out of the bedroom.

“What?” he asked.

“Big Abba is here,” scooting over to one of the large chairs she cleared it of clothes and turned it for her grandfather to sit on.

“What is it Dad?” asked Chelnuk as he too drew up a chair.

“I have heard word that we have more to worry about than the Avengers of Cephrasi. Evil giants are on the earth and making kingdoms to the south of us.”

“Why does that concern us?”

“Because we are descended from the twenty four. They are envious of us because we are protected from evil by the membrane of the Bosom.”

“But we live upon the earth.”

“And so have the special protection of the angels, but they cannot protect us from everything, especially if large forces of Nephilim, the fallen and demons mass against us.”