Part 12

“Shall you be ready on the morrow?”

“I shall.”

“Good…” at that Danen seemed to fade away.

Kendra sought out Nimen who was now master of the stables.

Meeting Nimen as he was walking back from the stables he spoke to him, “I have a proposition for you.”

“Not another difficult horse to break?” he replied.

“No, a journey to kill some giants in the land of Canaan.”

This stunned Nimen, it was quite apart from anything he would remotely think about, “Why have you chosen me? You have many mighty men to choose from who are excellent in combat.”

“You are modest Nimen. You are excellent with a bow on a horse, the kind of skill needed to defeat giants.”

They were nearing Nimen’s abode, “I shall discuss it with Neeka. When do you need to know?”

“I would like to be away by tomorrow morning.”

Nimen nodded. Neeka met them at the gate, “Kendra, greetings, would you like some refreshment?”

“Thank you, but no. I must prepare for a trip.” He waved at them both then made his way to the barracks office.

Once in the privacy of the office he concentrated and vanished. A guard knocked on the door and popped his head through, “Lord Kendra…” seeing no one there he shook his head, “I’m sure…”