Chapter Fourteen: Just Stay Strong

(One week after Addison Died/ Dakota's Birth)

I was in a dead sleep when Dakota started screaming. Kelsee rolled over and hit me to wake me up. This was the fifteenth time Dakota had woken up and I was ready to scream myself.

I drug myself out of my bed and over to her crib, She was crying and lookig up at me so sadly.I pick her up and carry her to the kitchen. I made her a bottle and rock her while she drinks it.

Kelsee sleepily walked down the stairs and plopped down on the couch beside us. She put her hand on my shoulder and smiled weakly. We had been taking turns getting Dakota but we both ended up, awake and with her everysingle time.

I had to get up for school in an hour or so and Kelsee did too. She had been basically living with me and we were in discussion about an apartment for us and Dakota. I wanted to prove to everyone that I could raise this baby...and I had to convince the whole world that she was mine.

Easton had tried to talk to me at school but I ignored him. He had made his choice the night he slept with Addison and that choice was to never be a part of my life.

As soon as Dakota fell asleep so did Kelsee and I. We woke up at 7;15, we had to be at school in fifteen minutes.I cursed and jumped up, shaking Kelsee. My mom had taken Dakota sometime when I was asleep and left us a note,

"Girls took Dakota to grandma's. Figured you guys needed a day off. Grandma was more than happy to see her. Just pick her up after school. Love you guys."

We rano utof my house and to my car. Today we were supposed to be here early to work out with the girls, we had a competition in two weeks.

We got to school ten minutes late and the girls were already working on the stunts. When we walked in, they all stopped. They all walked over to us slowly, and without warning....

They all hugged us. We knew why, they all knew Dakota wasn't my baby, pregnant girls can't do the stunts I do, even though Addison did cheer ones. They were no where near mine. 

They would never say a word though, they knew that it was important, and ment alot to me.

"Raine, we are here for you. We took a group vote and we all voted, we are helping with the baby. Where is she?" one of the girls said smiling.

"At my grandma's. I'm picking her up after school, you can all come over and see her."

"Okay sound good girls?" the girl asked.

They all nodded and we hugged again.

Practice was brutal. My exhausted body could barely keep up with the stunts and I thought I was gonna pass out. Kelsee stumbled alittle when we were dancing and when I sat down on the floor to rest I fell asleep. Like I said...brutal.

After practive I headed to my class, and of course people still gave me stares. I heard the whispers and I knew what they were saying.

"She's a slut."

"She was pregnant?"

"She's is that dead cheerleader's sister..."

And the ever famous, "She's the girl who screwed that ex cheer captain's boyfriend."

None of those thing's were true except teh one about Addison. I kept my head held high and walked through the halls, doing my best not to let them get to me.

I was okay until so stupid cheer bitch was talking to Violet and I heard what they were saying. "Yeah, she did it. I heard that she killed herself because she couldn't live with the embarassment of her slutty sister gettign knocked up by that one guy that she didn't even know."

"Yeah totally. I'd have killed myself too."

 I snapped. I ran over to them and I grabbed Violet and shook her, "You're fucking kidding right? You really didn't just say that did you?"

"Well its true right?" she said with an evil smile.

"Yeah, completely. Sorry."

"For what?" she asked amused.

I smiled sweetly, "For this." I drilled her again right in her bitchy face. The other girl screeched and tookl off before I could get ahold of her. Serves Violet right, with that I walked away to my classes.

"That was the longest day of my life." I sighed to the girls.

"Its okay. They are only words girl, plus you'll beo utta school soon a few more monthes and you'll be graduated."

"I'm so glad grauation is early this year."

"I know." Kelsee says as we climbinto the cars.

I open my door and there's a note left on my seat.

"You wanna play games bitch. I'll ruin  you life just like I did you precious sister's."

I stared at the paper and Kelsee snatched it from my hand and read it.

"Are you freaking serious? Can noone leave us alone for one damn day."

I shook my head and started the car. If they wanted to play...I'd play, but by my rules.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well whose screwing with her now? And how are Kelsee and her going to pay for an apartment? Will she except Easton's apologies and let him back in her life.

dun dun dun we shall see....