12: Im Awake

Note: I have been getting some comments to update this story so I went back and found a few old chapters that I didn't publish. These are old, so sorry if my writing sucks.

*TONI'S PERSPECTIVE*
Everything was still black. This is torture. Through out the day i had been listening to the doctors voices as they spoke about me. I had also heard Cheryl and Jughead's voice when they spoke. It was comforting to know they came to visit me. I was trying to move to show them i could hear them, but my attempts failed. I couldn't even move my toes. I was certain that Jughead had gone but i wasn't sure about Cheryl. The room was silent but she could just be sitting quietly, there was no way of telling.

I decided i had enough, I had to wake up. I wasn't going to let this coma take my life. I have so much of my life to live, most importantly, i have Cheryl waiting for me.

I tried to wriggle and scream. I could hear my shouts in my head but my mouth remained shut.

Eventually, i felt my feet move and my body became less and less stiff. It started at my legs and arms until i could finally open my eyes.

The light was blinding although it seemed dark outside. The beeping sound was still going, but it sped up a bit more as i tilted my head to the side. As i did so, i saw Cheryl. She was slumped down in an arm chair with her head leaning down. She was asleep and was breathing steadily.

"Cheryl? Cheryl!" i say. I didn't move as my body was tingling all over. Cheryl didn't stir from her sleep so i decided to say her name louder.

"Cheryl!" i say. As loud as i possibly could despite still feeling half asleep. She immediately looked up at me from the chair.

"Toni!" she exclaimed as stood up and threw her arms around me. "You're awake."

She hugged me tight and i fount the energy to bring my arms up to hug her back. We stayed there for a while before we were interrupted by a knock at the door. Cheryl and i look over and see a doctor stood in the door way.

"Perfect timing." he says as he makes it way over to us.

Cheryl sits back down the chair and takes my hand. I didn't know if she knew but i heard everything she said to me. Including the words 'I Love You.' Her voice played over and over in my head as i thought hard about if she even meant it or if she was saying it in hopes of waking me up. I watched her as she looked up at the doctor hoping she'd hear good news.

"Now that you're awake we need to do a few tests to make sure you're okay to go home." the doctors says.

I nod at him.

He asks me a few questions and takes a sample of my blood before writing the results down on a clipboard. The whole time, Cheryl stays by my side, giving me smiles of reassurance every now and again. I could tell she was tired and drained. She has dark circles under her eyes and her eyes were blood shot. After all it was past midnight.

After an hour or so of tests, the doctor finally spoke giving us an update.

"You're safe to go home now if you want, or you can spend the night and leave in the morning since it is pretty late." he says whilst un-attaching me from the machines.

I didn't want to spend another second in this hospital so i decided that i wanted to leave now. The doctor gave me and bag of my belongings that we taken with me on the ambulance ride and guided Cheryl and I into lobby where we exited by the main entrance.