9: A Flash Before Your Eyes

Note: I have been getting some comments telling me to update this story so I went back and found a few old chapters that I didn't publish. These are old, so sorry if my writing sucks.

*TONI'S PERSPECTIVE*
Later on in the day, Cheryl and I were sat on the red sofa in the lounge. Both of us were silently scrolling through our phones. I decided to break the quiet air.

"Cheryl..." i say.

Cheryl stays looking at her phone but still answers me. "Yes T?" she replies.

"Can i ask you something."

Just then, she looks up from her phone and stares at me with a confused and concerned look on her face.

"What are we?" i ask.

"I don't know Toni, what do you think we are?" she replies.

"I don't know but..." i hesitate before carrying on. "I think i like you." i blurt out.

Cheryl's expression turned from confused to surprised as she shuffled closer to me.

"I think i like you too Toni. But i'm sorry, i don't want a relationship just yet." she whispers, aware that there are other people in the room.

"Of course. I totally understand Cheryl, i'm not forcing anything."

She smiles at me and i could feel her edging closer to kiss me, i wanted to kiss her back but i knew i shouldn't.

"Not now, not in public." i whisper.

She moves backwards and nods. Just then, the bell goes off. We both rise from the sofa and make our way out of the door of the lounge.

"See you after class?" she says.

I nod and walk off the other way. On the way to my lesson, i think about what Cheryl said. She said that she liked me back, which i thought would never happen. I've always had this feeling towards Cheryl but i didn't know she had it towards me too.

I walk into my science class and sit in the spare seat next to Jughead. I didn't realise, but i must have been smiling to myself.

"Why are you so happy?" Jughead asks.

I snap out of my daydream. "What?" i reply.

"You're smiling from one ear to the other."

"No i'm not."

"Yes you are. What happened?"

"Nothing."

"Come on Toni, i can read you like a book."

"Just things."

"What things? You can't keep a secret from me, we've been best friends for almost a year."

"Fine. I think me and Cheryl like each other."

This must've taken Jughead by surprise. He knew that i was bisexual but he certainly didn't know that Cheryl was, no one did apart from me.

"You can't mention anything to anyone." i demand.

"Okay, okay. My lips are sealed. But how long has this been going on?"

"Ever since she broke up with Brett."

Jughead nods and winks at me before relaxing back in his seat.

When i came out of the class, Cheryl was already stood by the door on her phone, as usual, waiting for me. When she noticed me she put her phone away and linked my arm with hers.

"Let's go cha-cha." she says

We walk to where my motorcycle is parked and climb on. Cheryl has already gotten used to my motorcycle by now so it didn't take as long to set off. I dropped her home before speeding back to my trailer.

Hours later, i was lying in my bed. I was just about to drift off into a deep sleep before i was woken by a blood curdling beeping sound. I sat up in my head and rubbed my eyes. I peered out the crack of my bedroom door and saw that my kitchen was filled with thick, black smoke. I immediately knew there was a fire. I grab my phone off the bed side table and dial 999, asking for the fire service. They told me they would come as soon as possible.

I got up and stood in the corner of my bedroom with a shirt over my mouth to stop myself from inhaling the smoke. It didn't work though as i started to feel very light headed. As i was drifting in and out of consciousness, i heard the front door of my trailer being broke down.

"This is the fire service!" a man shouted as he sprayed the inside of the trailer.

I was about to shout and tell him i was in my room but before i could, everything went black and my knees gave in.