11: Two Visitors

Note: I have been getting some comments to update this story so I went back and found a few old chapters that I didn't publish. These are old, so sorry if my writing sucks.

*CHERYL'S PERSPECTIVE*
"Toni..." i began to speak, my voice was trembly and quiet. "I'm not sure if you can hear me, but if you can, i just wanted to let you know i'm going be beside you. Waiting."

She didn't move, or make a sound. Not that i suspected anything different. The hospital room was painfully silent, apart from the sound of beeping that came from the monitor that was tracking her heart beats.

"I'm sorry i didn't protect you, like you protected me. I'm sorry i let you go home by yourself when you could of stayed with me. I'm so stupid, i know, but i promise from now on i'll be there for you Toni." At this point, tears were streaming down my face, but i wipe them away remembering what the doctor said.

Keep the conversation positive.

"When you're awake, i'm taking you to pops and i'll get you your favourite chocolate milkshake with a side of fries. And if you really want to, we can drive to the top of the hill and watch the sun set. It will be almost as beautiful as you."

I pull her hand up to me. "I love you Toni."

"Cheryl?"

I jump up and look at the door, which is where the familiar voice came from. Wiping the tears from my cheeks, i quickly realise it was Jughead.

"Jughead? What are you doing here?" i ask.

"Mr Weatherbee told me about what happened and i had to come and visit. I expected you'd be here." he replies.

I nod and look down.

"Are you okay?" he asks.

"Not really." i say, holding back my tears.

Jughead makes his way over to me.

"This may be hard Cheryl, but it's okay. Toni's a fighter and she will wake up, i know she will." he says softly.

"You're right." i turn and look at Toni's resting body. "She's beautiful..." i say without thinking twice.

I realise what i said and quickly looked up at Jughead, i was going to begin to explain myself but he got the first word.

"Don't worry, i already know. Toni told me." he says

"Uh, told you what?" i say, trying to act like i had no idea what he was on about.

"That you two have a little thing."

I scoffed and shook my head. I totally forgot they were best friends and she had probably told him everything.

"Plus, i heard everything you were saying before i came in." he grins.

"Give a girl a warning, will you? You better keep your mouth shut Jughead." i snap at him.

Jughead smiles and places his hand on my shoulder. "Look after her." he says.

I laugh at his comment. "You're not her father." i reply.

"I know, but i care about her."

"So do i."

"Good."

I had never had time alone with Jughead, in fact i had never really spoken to him. Apart from a few sly comments we would aim at each other.

We stayed by Toni for a while, talking to her and each other. She still didn't show any signs that she would wake up but i still had hope, and the machine stayed at a steady pace.

"I think i'm going to get going, do you need a ride?" Jughead says whilst standing up.

"I'll find my own way home, thanks anyway." i reply, denying his offer.

He nods and heads out the hospital room door. He shuts it behind him leaving me and Toni alone, once again.

I relax back into the arm chair and shut my eyes. I was feeling sleeping but i told myself i couldn't fall asleep.

But i didn't stick by that.