A Visitor

Elizabeth's Pov

I missed my cousin so much I decided to stay at her apartment that night. Carley's roommate was away so I sleep in the spare bed. 

Before we go off to bed we turn on the tv and talk. "I actually am upset you didn't bring Ricky. I wanted to meet him so bad" she says.
"Ugh, let's talk about anyone else" I sigh.
"Oh no, are you guys fighting?"
I quickly sum up the whole story for her. 
"Liz, I'm sorry that sucks. Has he apologized?"
"Yeah, he texted me apologizing and wanting to meet up before I left and I said I wanted to wait. I wanted to spend this weekend thinking."

We basically just hang around for another hour doing nothing. "I'm gonna get ready for bed" Carley sits up and goes in the bathroom to brush her teeth. Right as she goes in and shuts the door I hear a knock at the front door. I sit up and walk over to the door. I hear a knock again. Ugh, it looked like Carley wasn't going to get it. Who the hell was coming to her apartment at 11:30? Probably a murderer. I was going to die. 

I slowly open it up. 
"Hi" Banks says leaning against the doorway.
He looked tired like he hadn't slept in days. He had on his gray baseball hat and black hoodie over it. His right hand was leaning against the wall and his left hand had a bouquet of flowers. 
My jaw drops. I feel like I'm in a parallel universe. "Ricky?"
He smiles. "I got you these" and hands me the flowers. 
"I-I thanks?" I take them. "How did you get here?"
"Five hours on a train next to a snoring old man and an Arabic women with carts of chickens."
I don't even know what to say I'm so confused. "How did you even know I was here?"
"Who do you think told me?"
Jessica. I'm gonna kill her.
"It's not her fault, I made her. She said you came here to 'think things over.' I couldn't let that happen."

Ricky then basically gives me a quick summary of his past 24 hours. He was really upset when I wasn't answering so he decided to call Jessica. He said she seemed annoyed towards him but he convinced her to tell him where I was. He then talked to Tommy and Tommy told him how he should come. Then he ran onto the first train he saw, chilled for five hours. Then when he got off he went to the flower store and ran here. 

I couldn't believe the story. He did all that for me? We hadn't even gotten a chance to talk yet but I wasn't really mad anymore. "Jesus, come in" I let Ricky in the apartment. 

Carley walks out of the bathroom. She looks confused "This is Ricky" I introduce them to each other. They shake hands "It's nice to meet you" he says. "I've heard so much about you it's nice to meet you too." She was looking at me and I could tell she had so many questions. "How did you get here?" she asks. 
"On a train" he responds.
"There were chickens" I add.

Carley decides it's time for her to go to bed and goes in her room. "I'm gonna go sleep too" I start to go in her roommates room. "Where do I go?" Banks asks.
I point to the couch "You can sleep there."
"Liz, come on" he complains. 
His face fills with disappointment. I honestly feel really bad. He did go through a lot of trouble to get here. "Okay, fine, come in."
He jumps up with excitement.
"But don't get any ideas we can't do it in my cousin's roommate's bed."
"Okay" he sighs.

We get in bed and I face the wall, ready to go to sleep. I feel Ricky start to stroke my hair. "When do you wanna talk?" he asks me.
I didn't want to hold it off any longer but I really couldn't get into it all now. I was happy he came, but I wanted to enjoy the time with my family.
"When we get home" I reply.
"Okay, I love you."
"I love you too."