Opportunity

Relationship Update:

Tommy and Sommer become a couple.
Lucas and Jessica also start dating.

Present Time: December 14th, 2016

Ricky's Point of View

I wake up and focus in on my surroundings. It is so bright outside. Liz is still sleeping next to me. Usually she stays at my place, but we had been staying here for the past few days. I was already to go back, I missed my boys. For the past few months, since we've gotten serious we haven't spent a single night apart. It is like we live together but in two apartments.

I get up and walk out into the kitchen. "Hey Blaziken." Lucas is eating some leftover rice and chicken for breakfast. "Boy we need Cheo" he complains. I nod in agreement. There is nothing better than Cheo's cooking. "Just you up?" I ask.
"Yeah, been up for a while now."

As Lucas talks I check my phone with a missed text from the FaZe management group chat and a missed call from Tommy.

FaZe Management

7:13 AM

CBass- guys, gfuel just said they were down to bring us to la to do more work out there 

Temperrr- you mean like what they did for our current house?

CBass- exactly

Apex- wow that's awesome

Rain- wait how would this work?

CBass- same way as before. we would find a house that suits us and they would pay a percentage

Apex- im down. so many more opportunities there

Temperrr- i mean its a big move

Rain- tommy don't say no just because of a girl

Temperrr- obvi i won't. there are just so many things to think of. we'd need everyone on board

Apex- let's take the whole crew out to dinner to tell them the good news

CBass- good idea apec

I stare at my phone in absolute shock. My jaw drops. "Ricky" Lucas wakes his hand over my face. "Yeah" I quickly look up at him. "You okay?" he laughs. I  couldn't let him know before the dinner tonight. "Yeah, bro what's up" I reply nonchalantly. 
"Did you hear anything I just said?"
"Ummm..."
He waits for my response.
"Sorry bro, got distracted. You know how technology is these days."
He grins.
"I'm all ears now. Shoot."

***

I go out to lunch with Liz and the entire time I don't know if I should tell her or not. I obviously wanted to give her a heads up, but I felt like I should at least wait until the boys know at dinner tonight.

At dinner CBass jumps right in with the news. "Wait, seriously?" they all reply. Everyone seems overjoyed. Even Lucas and Tommy. The entire group seemed down for it. They all either were single or had girlfriends that were willing to go with them. Except I don't know if Sommer would be down to leave. Her whole life is in New York. But Tommy doesn't seem to be too worried about it. I'm not exactly sure how Liz will feel. She has her modeling here and is so close to her family. She doesn't seem interested in LA.

"What do you think Banks?" Apex asks me.
"I mean, I don't know. I'm really gonna have to think about it."
"Yeah, the move wouldn't be until the end of January. We won't even give them our decision until the end of the holidays. So don't worry guys we have plenty of time to think this through" CBass says.

We decide we're gonna spend our holidays relaxing and not thinking about it. Then we'll decide right after and find a house. This is all so crazy.

I text Liz to tell her I'm coming over after dinner. She knew I wanted to go back to my house but I go there because I know it's gonna be a big discussion over there and I want to tell her myself.

When I get there she tells me Jess and Lucas are out so it's just us. This would be the perfect time to tell her. But I can't. What if she just breaks up with me right now because she can't go?

I needed us to have one last night together. No worries. No ex-boyfriends. No fake assault accusations. No fighting. No punching holes in walls. No drama. No bad vibes. Just us. Together.