Dreams and Secrets.

--Enjoy Dream by Imagine Dragons from the album Smoke + Mirrors--

          Use the element of surprise to your advantage, Brambleclaw." Tigerstar's voice was loud and commanding in the current silence. Everyone seemed to have woken up except you, Hawkfrost, Brambleclaw, and Ivypool. Eyes narrowed, you fought back the urge to bolt into the clearing and ask what was going on. And I need to keep myself from shredding Brambleclaw to pieces.

Ivypool crouched beside you, focusing on the fight ahead. Her eyes held a trace of worry, but you ignored it. She's a young warrior here. She'll get used to it. You flicked your tail for her to stay silent. Ivypool nodded and turned back to the scene.

By this time, Hawkfrost and Brambleclaw were in the middle of a vicious battle. They were moving so quickly that you struggled to tell cat from cat. Blood spattered across the dirt-covered floor, and for a moment, you had to dig your claws into the ground to keep yourself from yelling out. They'll be fine, you reminded yourself. They're trained.

Eventually, after what felt like moons, Brambleclaw laid on the ground, panting. Hawkfrost had a gleam of pride in his eyes, but his fur was stained with his half-brother's blood. He looks like a killer. With a shudder, you pushed the thought out of your mind. But he's also the kindest cat I know. . . And the sooner I get out of here, the better. You didn't want to end up getting woken up by one of your Clanmates. The last time that happened, Mistyfoot had put you on double patrols the day after. It's not my fault I slept late that time. Brokenstar was showing me new battle moves, and I couldn't not practice them.

Ivypool shifted, reminding you that she was there. She was still watching the fight, although there wasn't much else to watch, and her look of worry had turned into a look of disgust. You guessed it was the sight of all the blood. Which is odd. . . You thought silently, Because she's a warrior. You shrugged and slowly sat up, your aching muscles threatening to give out, but you ignored the sharp pain jolting through you and backed out of the undergrowth. You headed away from the rest of the cats, finding a spot to lay down that nobody would disturb you in.

You crossed through the icy stream, the cold seeming to seep through your fur and into your bones. That was the one thing that never really bothered you, though, since you had icy water in RiverClan almost every season anyways. The sharp, jolting feeling was enough to wake you up a bit more, giving you extra energy to stay awake. Climbing out of the stream, you shook out your fur and padded forwards, self-consciously feeling your fur stick out in spikes.

You padded forwards until you reached a spot that was sheltered by the root of a large, dying tree. The root was covered with different mosses, so that it was sheltered everywhere except for the one entrance. It looked big enough for you to lay in, you realized. Slowly, you backed in, your fur brushing the sides.

Once you were settled inside, you realized how much room you actually had. Of course, it was only enough room for a cat or two, but you could stand in it due to the fact that the ground underneath seemed to have been dug out moons ago. You allowed your eyes to begin to close as you slowly drifted off to sleep.

You awoke in a large, sunlit clearing. The sweet scent of prey drifted around you, making your jaws water. So. . . I'm dreaming in a dream, then? You padded forwards, setting your paws down lightly on the soft Greenleaf grass. The scent led you to a wall of bushes, which surrounded the clearing in a jagged, partially broken circle. Forgetting everything but the dream you were in, you hopped lightly over the bush, sending a butterfly fluttering away.