「16」

Chapter Sixteen: Ayato Kirishima

The girl completely vanished as the bluish-haired stood silently while clenching his fists. He sighed deeply and turned back to the members left. They were surprised at his unexpected emotions on his face; his tears falling at the same time, smiling.

"Let's go..." He said. They started walking, silently. He kept the girl's ribbons on his fists while walking.

"So... You were a ghoul after all..?" Yuri said nervously while walking. It didn't took too long for him to respond. "Only when I'm stressed..." He said.

"So, there's something behind us whenever we're stressed, right...?" Naoi said without glancing at his allies. "That's right..."

"But... even if I am formed as a ghoul whenever I'm stressed. I should never devour or murder my team." The bluish-haired boy said seriously. It impressed their leader and smiled at him.

"That's what I wanted to hear from you..." He sighed in relief. As they reached the door, they then saw the anonymous guy who told them about the world.

"I see, one of you must have vanished already right? Then that's good, she must be already resting in peace..." The man said, it made Ayato's eyes widened with full of hatred, his fists clenched tightly for the man's words. His reactions startled the magenta-haired girl and hid behind the leader's back. Ayato's eyes started being pure black with a red spot in the middle, something was forming through his back and tearing down his clothes.

"W-w-what's that?!" Yuri said nervously. The leader sighed as he knew he was stressed again after seeing the man.

"It was called a Kagune." Naoi just said. Ayato started pointing his kagune on the man's face.

"Would you shut your filthy mouth up?" Ayato said deeply.

"Calm down, Ayato... We'll pass." Naoi said, patting the bluish-haired man's shoulder as they entered the room. The door then vanished after they entered it, the door was now gone and they can't escape the room. It was so dark inside which frightened the girl more.

"It's so dark!!!" Yuri yelled as it echoed at the silence of the war field. The leader sighed as he looked down into the girl who was tightly holding on to his arm.

"Stop chickening around. We'll fight!" Naoi said and faced back at the dark room. It was silent. They were gazing at all sides but they can't see clearly. Ayato sensed some incoming figures on their way. He started walking backwards and told the leader.

"Here they are..." Ayato whispered. "Eh?!" The girl exclaimed, tightening her grip more. Naoi felt it, the ghouls were already there.

"No time to waste, Attack!" He said, bringing out his weapon and began shooting at every sides. The war was very challenging, even if they couldn't see the ghouls clearly, they still fight. The girl let go of the boy's arms which puzzled the boy.

"Yuri??" Naoi said, still focusing on his target.

"I'm alright! I just can't stay useless or doing nothing anymore!!" Yuri yelled and grabbed her weapon, the Samurai sword. Her words made the leader grin.

"That's the spirit..." He said and continued fighting. The girl started attacking them with her sword. It surprised the two males through her actions. It made the leader thought. 'How come have she gotten brave and gained a lot strength?!' She started slashing the ghoul's body as it divided into two. It's balance got loss as the ghoul fell down, it's blood started splatting in the ground. It's probably dead.

"I-I killed one..." Her voice was shivering while staring at the dead body of the ghoul. She can't stand staring at it and just walk backwards. The field was now empty but it wasn't still cleared. They started resting for a while at a small dark cave. It took an hour for them to rest, yet no ghouls were appearing at their sight. Ayato started to walk outside, it was safe, as he didn't sensed any ghouls around the area.