「5」

Chapter Five: Comprehend

"That's alright Yuri-chan!" Juuzou said and patted the girl's back. Yuri looked to her.

"Hey Juu-chan, do you mind if you tell me your life before you got here?" Yuri asked curiously, Juuzou blinked and smiled nervously. "No problem, but I will tell you about it once we got back." She said and patted her back.

"Speaking of going back, we should go back." Naoi said and head forwards back to their company together with the rest. As soon as they reached the spot, they began making a circle, and in the middle was the fireplace. They all settled down and listened for the story. Juuzou cleared her throat and started.

"When I was a kid, my mother would always yell at me every time I got home at school because of my poor grades... She never rested on that action. I always loved playing virtual reality games. And one time, she told me: 'If you still got pitiable grades in school, you'll get a real punishment' and that line scared me so much." Juuzou's voice is shaking, it made Yuri become terrified while the others were still listening. She was shivering, as if she didn't want to continue. She tried putting herself back together and sighed deeply.

"When the exam finally comes, I didn't know what to answer. It made me so nervous, even if I studied hard, nothing gets into my mind. It's all blank... I haven't answered anything, it was such a mess. When I finally got home, I quickly hide together with my pc in the closet and said to myself; 'I don't care in being punished, what I care is that I still have my PC.' And then, I discovered this kind of game, once I installed it, I just fall asleep and woke up in this world. And now, I didn't know what happened to my life after that..." Juuzou said and hugged her knees.

"Actually, I didn't know everything about this world yet, I didn't know why we are stuck in a game like this." Naoi said while staring at the skies.

"Naoi-kun, would you mind telling yours?" Yuri suggested, waiting for his answer but the green-haired boy just remained in silence.

"I'll tell mines in the right timing." He just said, Yuri expected that kind of answer. Naoi left the circle and went to his tent, and again, Yuri was left speechless. It always happened almost every time. He always avoid her in a way.

As Days Past by... Things are going the same way, but what's good, is their friendship are growing more better, yet Naoi doesn't seem to care about it. Juuzou and Ayato's mission is still doing well.

"Our dealing is getting better!" Ayato said joyfully as he raised his hands to prepare of their high-five. "It sure is!" Juuzou responded and high-five with him. They then, finally noticed that the company was quiet. Nothing can be heard but the breeze of the wind.

"Speak of the deal, where are they?" Ayato said and gazed around. "They probably are searching for foods." Juuzou said and crossed her arms through her chest. Ayato nodded approvingly.

"I should follow them." Juuzou said and turned her back to the boy which made the boy feel a kind of depressed. He watched her go away, his chest is hurting. What kind of feeling was it? Why is it so agonizing? Things are really being a mess on his mind. He put himself back together and went back to his tent.

___

"There's a fish! Look!" Yuri pointed the fish stuck on between two rocks. Naoi's face disappoint, as he thought he was being tricked by the magenta-haired girl.

"That's a rock!" He yelled, Yuri's face disappoint and pulled up the boy's arm to make him look on her direction. Naoi realized it and snapped his fingers. "There is!" He said as he quickly stepped on the flowing water. He slowly get his way forwards to the fish. The water is so deep, which surprised the girl.

"Gotcha!" Naoi said and grabbed the fish. He swum back to the girl, she helped him got up from the river.

"You can swim in deep rivers?!" She said impressively while staring at the wet boy in front of her.

"Of course, why not?" He said confidently, tipping his cap. Yuri frowned and look at the river. 'If he can do that, I can do it too!' she thought to herself while staring at the river, she then saw a swimming figure in the other direction.

"A fish!" She said and quickly jumped through the river. "N-Nakamura!" Naoi shouted and went to the direction where she splashed. He was searching for the magenta-haired girl in the water.

"Damn, why are you being such an idiot?!" He said and dived into the river as his cap fall, he opened his eyes and searched for the girl. He scanned the river and finally found a floating figure at a distance. He swim forwards to her and shook her, her body was powerless, her hands were just resting, as the fish already have get out of her hand. He noticed that she have a scar on her cheek. Naoi grabbed her wrist and pull her. He pulled the girl out of the water and placed her at a flat space with bunch of leaves covering it.

"Nakamura... Hey, wake up!" He said while shaking her gently. Yuri then coughed water after a few minutes of shaking. "S-Sorry, I let go of the fish..!" She said and continued coughing.

"Are you out of your mind?! You almost died there! You shouldn't just do that without telling me!" He yelled.

"Do I still have to tell you about it?"

"Of course! You're still new here."

"Sorry..." She just said and scratched the back of her head. Naoi sighed. "It's alright, we should go now, seven fishes is enough." He said. Yuri nodded and tried to stand up. Naoi helped him as they leave the river, Juuzou was standing at the opposite side of where they exited. She watched them leave as she sighed.

"I was too late, wasn't I?"

Next Time: Acceptance