「14」

Chapter Fourteen: The two Halves

Time Skip~~~

"To live... in the world she never existed... What does that means...?" Naoi said to himself while looking at the ceiling.

~~~

A knock was heard from the silence at Juuzou's room which distracted her.

"What do you want?! I'm trying to sleep peacefully and you will just—" she haven't realize it was the blue-haired man who was in the front of her and who was she was scolding at. "O-oh... Aya-chan..." She muttered.

"Sorry if I distracted you, maybe we can talk some other time." He said and was about to left.

"No! Y-you didn't, it's fine..."

________________

"I agree that... we'll turn down our mission." Ayato said and smiled warmly at the girl. They both stood in the rooftop of the building. Those words interested Juuzou and turned to him.

"Really?!" She said happily. Ayato nodded his head as Juuzou jumped in happiness. The boy smiled at the girl's reaction. Juuzou finally realized the boy.

"B-But, are you really going to sacrifice your feelings for them?" Juuzou asked gloomily. Ayato sighed.

"After all I've been thinking about it since last time I've heard about the rule of the world. 'Am I loving the real person for me?' and I've confirmed that I've chosen the wrong one." He said calmly, Juuzou just stared at the ground, leaving an anxiety on her head her fists started forming.

"Are you alright?" Ayato asked the girl. Juuzou just nodded her head. The blue-haired man sighed and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "I knew you were not!" The girls face heated at the boy's action and just ignored him. She still avoided to look at him while Ayato was realizing it.

"Then why are you so silent—"

"Aren't you uncomfortable?" Juuzou asked which made Ayato blink for a second.

"I'm not...Why would I...?" He just said.

"Stop pretending to be blind. You were just like Naoi Ayato-kun, pretending that they cannot see other's feelings for them. You already know my feelings for you, right?" Juuzou said and glanced at the boy. Ayato started removing slowly his arms around her. He faced the girl straightly.

"Of course I knew..."

"Then why are you forcing yourself to make me happy? You don't have to force yourself, because I know and I understand how it feels." Juuzou said her fists are loosening.

"I'm not forcing myself, yet... I've felt the same way as you did. We've been together and founded out that we got along for so much. I, then found out that, it wasn't Yuri, but it was you." Ayato said seriously, his voice was deep. Juuzou just remained silence.

"I just met Yuri-san, you know? It's not really when I met her, it was love at first sight. That's just fucked up if so... After all, you're the one who I've been along the most. And after all, we're halves."

"Is that just a sudden confession?" Juuzou just said, looking in the other way. She glanced at the boy who was straightly looking back to her.

"You don't trust me about that?" Ayato said, depressively. Juuzou sighed and stared in the other way. He started grabbing her hand, placing it through his chest and pulling her closer. His lips brush against hers. It made the girl's eyes widened, her face turned pure red as she felt his heart race. Her heart skipped a beat. The kiss didn't take too long. Ayato slowly broke the kiss and stared at the girl awkwardly.

"J-Juuzou...?" Ayato whispered, Juuzou started to lift her face. Tears are falling down at the same time, smiling. It made the boy's eyes widened at the girl's reaction.

"Aya-chan... Thanks so much!"

~~~

"Good morning, Naoi-san!!" Yuri greeted the leader after getting out of his room.

"Good morning..." Juuzou also greeted weakly. Naoi nodded at both of them as a response and headed to the cooking area. Yuri was about to take a sip of her coffee but Ayato then came out of his room.

"Good morning, Kirishima-san!" Yuri greeted. Ayato smiled and greeted back. Juuzou just focused on the coffee she's drinking. Ayato glanced at the girl who was avoiding to look at him.

"Good Morning, Juuzou."

"Eh?! Uhm... G-good morning...." She just said. Ayato sat next to her which made her sip at the coffee uncomfortably.

"Heh?! Is there's something wrong between the two of you?" Yuri asked curiously.

"Erm... It's nothing..." Juuzou just said. Yuri smiled wickedly.

"Oh! What's that I smell there, Naoi-san?!" Yuri said waiting for him to answer but seems like there's nothing. "I'm coming alright?!"

"Yuri—?!" Juuzou exclaimed.

"S-sure..." Naoi just said. Yuri stood up from her seat and started walking forwards to where Naoi is.

~~~

"I just use it as an excuse for them to be alone for a moment." Yuri winked at the guy.

"You're such a fangirl, aren't you?" Naoi said, crossing his arms with his back leaned against the walls.

"You got the point!" She said and raised a fist. Naoi faced the desk and continue cutting the carrots.

"Hey, Yuri..." Naoi said, it made the girl gasp a little for calling her by her first name. She smiled and giggled.

"Yes, Ayato?" She said joyfully, the boy's face heated for a moment after hearing her words and started putting himself back together.

"May I know if you have any idea about your past?" Naoi said seriously, he glanced to the girl waiting for her to answer. Yuri glanced at him for a while and tried to remember.

"Hmm... I don't but... It's weird to say that whenever I look at you, I always feel an anxiety. And I always felt like I've met you before. That's all." Yuri nervously said, scratching the back of her head.

"I see..." Naoi just said and faced back to his work, he stopped from chopping the carrots and think for a while. His hands started shivering. The magenta-haired girl noticed him and began to worry.

"Ayato-kun?"

Next Time: Unexpected Truth