「9」

Chapter Nine: First Battle

Yuri woke up in the middle of the night, she stared at the moon, shining against the darkness. She felt her hear race and placed her palm on her chest. Why do she feel so much anxious? Something is hurting within her, evenly when she remembers what happened earlier, about the training. She felt she hurt someone. She hurt the feelings of them, wait... didn't she? She shifted her body in the other side and forced herself to sleep.

~~~

"Let's eat breakfast first before we enter our first fight..." Naoi said. His allies formed a circle, and in the middle was the foods and plates, they began eating quietly. Juuzou glanced at the bluish-haired man who was eating quietly as a scene of her and him flashed on her head.

_____________

"Here." Ayato said, throwing up a two small red ribbon laces which surprised the girl. Juuzou caught them as she fell and roll over down the grass she was sitting on. The ribbons were held tightly in her fists, which was placed on her chest. She was a mess. She opened her eyes slowly and saw Ayato staring back at her.

"Why are you giving this to me?" Juuzou said, who was laying down at the grass. The boy sighed deeply.

"I suppose to give it to Yuri but I changed my mind, that's why take it." The boy answered. Juuzou sighed and turned her eyes in the opposite side. She felt a little guilt about it. She nodded her head as a respond.

______________

Juuzou glanced back to her food and continued eating. As the time passes by, they all started preparing for their weapons. They packed enough foods in case of hunger.

"Let's go." Said Naoi and started exiting their company. While walking and leaving the forest, they gazed around the empty pathway. They walk more than a half hour 'till they reached a huge silver door. Naoi placed his hand on the doorknob and was about to open it but stopped by Juuzou's voice. "Wait!"

"What?" He glanced at the girl.

"Never mind..." she changed her mind, the boy continued and started opening the door. The field was seen. Their skins crawled up, frightening, while staring at the war field. It was empty and quiet, which startled them the most. There are three pathways to go through. They then sensed the ghouls at a far distance, they saw their figures walking near to them.

"No time to waste... Attack!" Naoi said as they all began to fight against the ghouls. They kept increasing which is hard for them. Whenever they killed one, a new one will appear after another. They got a hard time on fighting against ghouls on their first battle and especially to Yuri.

"We'll Part! Kirishima, take Yuri!" Naoi said as he began running on the left side. Ayato took Yuri on the opposite side as Juuzou was left in the middle of the space, confused. "How about me?!" She shouted.

"You're coming with me, obviously!" Naoi said. Juuzou just chase after him. They began fighting from different paths. Juuzou fights along with Naoi on the other hand, Ayato fights along with Yuri. It was a long fight, and then finally Naoi and Juuzou have cleared the land they were. They both rested in a small shelter and panted. Juuzou leaned her back against the wall made of rock and sighed. She began thinking.

'How was Aya-chan and Yuri-chan fighting...?' She thought to herself. Meanwhile, Ayato and Yuri who was also resting at a small shelter in the war-field, also thinking about Juuzou and Naoi.

After the rest, they began meeting in the middle of the field and began to enter the last pathway. The team is back together again. They began fighting the ghouls. Yuri was now fighting well, she was now better than before. An unknown thing came out from the ghoul's back which Yuri was confronting which made her eyes widened. It made her drop her weapon as the ghoul quickly pierce the thing through her. Juuzou saw the scene.

"Yuri—!" Juuzou haven't finished as her eyes and lips where covered by a boy. He took the girl in a small shelter where Naoi was resting, leaning his back against the wall with his hand covering his deep wound in his arm. It was Ayato who got her. The silence occupied the shelter. The atmosphere was gloomy. They were sitting next to each other, Juuzou was in the middle of the two injured boys. Naoi was just sleeping while Juuzou is hugging her knees and Ayato just sit silently.

"Where are you when... Yuri was fighting back then?" Juuzou asked the bluish-haired boy. He glanced at the girl beside him, staring at her. She was so depressed.

"If you really adore her, then you shouldn't just let her end like that...!" Juuzou's voice cracked as she hugged her knees tighter. Ayato sighed and hung his head. He look up to the dark skies.

"I apologize... So, I should protect who was the next important to her." He said and glanced at the girl beside him. She was sleeping already. Naoi opened his eyes weakly.

"We have to finish this battle..." He said with his fists clenching. He tried standing up which confuses Ayato. "Are we going to fight already?" He asked.

"Yes, to end this battle quickly." He responded and prepared his weapons. Ayato glanced to the girl who was sleeping. Not knowing if he's going to wake her up or what.

"Let her rest." Naoi decided as Kirishima look up to him. Naoi glanced back to him. "She needs a rest." He said.

"Can we handle this?" Ayato asked curiously. Naoi glanced at him "You don't trust me?" Naoi said. Ayato nodded in understanding as they both began to fight. The boys fought against the ghouls while Juuzou was resting on the small shelter. It was hard for them to finish all those human-devourer only by the two of them.

"Are they all gone?" Ayato exhaustedly said, panting.

"I think so— Kirishima, Behind you!!" Naoi shouted,

"GAME OVER"

Next Time: Uncover the Hidden Feelings