Things Are Actually Going Okay For Once

Start from the beginning

"Burn it." I reply without looking up at her.

"Yeah, right." Carl rips the picture from my grip. "I'm so keeping this."

Later that day, Daryl and Rick made Carl and I interact with the other kids from Woodbury, now living in the prison with us.

There was Patrick who was a year older than us, Mika a ten year old, Mika's sister Lizzie who's twelve, Maya who was the same age as us, and Tristan who was a year younger than us. Well, there were other kids, but these were the ones we bothered to get to know.

Maya was pretty cool, she reminded me of my other foster sister(Jamie's older sister), Becca. They both had long, shiny, black hair, dark brown chocolate eyes, and dark olive skin.

Except maybe Maya was nicer.

Not that Becca was mean to me, just their personalities are really different. Maya wouldn't hurt a fly, and Becca could defeat the apocalypse all on her own. I talked to Maya the most out of the new kids, and Carl mostly talked to Patrick.

Maya and I were sitting at the table, talking about her life before the zombie invasion. Her family went to church every Sunday, and they owned an Italian Restaurant she constantly worked at.

"So," Maya changed the subject because I wouldn't tell her about my life before the apocalypse. "You and Carl have a thing?"

"Beth told you, didn't she?" It was more of a statement than a question because I know Beth like the back of my hand, and she probably already told Maya and her new 'boyfriend' whom I forget the name of.

"It may have slipped..." Maya answers, not wanting to rat Beth out.

I shake my head laughing. "Yeah... we do have a thing."

"Good!" Maya cheers, shaking my arm out of excitement. "Because I hardcore ship it, even before I knew about you two!"

"How?" I ask, staring at her, a confused/laughing look on my face. "Why?"

She shrugged, smiling softly. "Just the way you looked at each other."

I can't help but blush at the thought, but quickly cover it up with a joke so Maya doesn't see. "You should write some cheesy romantic novel or some shit."

Maya laughs, nodding. "You know what? I will! The two main characters will be named Ally Dixon and Carl Grimes."

I laugh, nodding my head with her. "I look forward to reading the amazing love story about myself."

"Alison Elaine Dixon." I cringe at my full name, turning round to see Carl staring at us. "Her real name is Alison, if you want to put that in the novel."

"Oh my goat." I roll my eyes, face palming. "Carl the cowboy, you're such a little spork." I've been trying to not swear because Daryl keeps telling me to 'watch my mouth' for some odd reason, all of the sudden.

"Um... thank you?"

"Was there a reason you were listening in on our conversation?" I ask him, staring up at the boy.

"God, I should be taking notes." Maya comments. I smile, glaring at her.

Carl laughs, shaking his head. "No... You just were in conversation and I didn't want to be rude." He states, answering my question. "I came to tell you my dad wants to talk to you."

"Okay." I stand up, looking back at Maya. "I'll meet up with you later?"

Maya shakes her head. "It's your turn to help Carol with Story Time and then you and Carl have a guard shift after that."

I stare at her, bewildered. "How do you know my own schedule, and I don't?"

"I was looking at the schedule earlier today, and I knew you'd forget." She shrugs. Damn she knows me well and we only just started to become friends.

"Alright, weirdo." I jokingly nudge her shoulder before looking back at Carl. "Take me to your leader."

"Oh my god." Carl facepalms, smiling as he rolls his eyes. "Let's just leave before you go all alien on me."

I laugh, grabbing his hat and pulling it down over his face. "I said, take me to your padre."

Carl grabs my hand, pulling me along with him as he fixes his trusty hat. Once we are in the prison, I see Rick right away. He's talking to Beth, probably about Judith. "Dad." Carl says to let him know we're here.

Rick looks over at us and nods. He wraps up his conversation with Beth and makes his way over to us. "Thank you, Carl." Rick looks down at his son.

Carl nods. "No problem."

Carl and I both look up at Rick, waiting for what he has to say, but he's staring down at his son. "Carl... I need to talk to Ally."

"Oh..." Carl nods, finally understanding what his dad is trying to say. "Right... Okay." He turns on his heel, but not understanding why he only wants to talk to me.

I look back up at Rick, totally and utterly confused. "What's up Rick?"