Epilogue

So sorry for the blow up of notifications a couple days ago haha.

---

I look at the clock. Niall will be home from work at any second. I look back down at the dining room table. Everything is set up perfectly. Today has been the day that Niall and I have been looking forward to for far too long.

I hear the door open and close. I leave the dining room and walk into the kitchen. Niall has bags under his eyes and they are bloodshot. He looks over at me and gives me a weak smile.

"Hey babe, I thought we could eat dinner in the dining room tonight." I try to smile big at him.

"I have some work things I need to do. Will you just bring my dinner to my office?" Niall doesn't wait for an answer. He walks past me and goes to his office.

I hear the door slam. It use to make me jump, but I'm use to it. I know his mood isn't because of me. He is disappointed and doesn't know how to handle it. That's all about to change. We have been walking on egg shells around each other for the last four months. Tonight everything is going to change.

I quietly walk to Niall's office. I wait outside his office and pace back and forth. I play with my fingers and try to figure out what to say. I turn to the door and lift my hand to his door, but I chicken out. I have exciting news, but I am scared to tell him. What if I jinx it? I move my hand back down to my side and stare at the door. I don't know how long I stand there, but after sometime the door is being swung open. Good thing the door goes into the room or I would have gotten hit.

"CHAR- oh, what are you doing?" Niall gives me a genuine smile.

"I, um, I need you to eat in the dining room with me." I smile at Niall.

"I can't tonight, baby. I have a lot to do." Niall's smile disappears. I don't know why, but I start to cry. "Wow, okay. I didn't know this was that important. Let's go have dinner in the dining room."

Stupid hormones, at least I got what I wanted. I wipe my eyes and lead Niall to the dining room. The lights are dimmed. I have candles lit and babybreath flowers as the centerpiece.

(In case somebody doesn't know what babybreath flowers look like. I sure didn't haha)

Niall sits down and looks at the flowers

Niall sits down and looks at the flowers. He looks at me and laughs.

"Charlotte, why do you have weeds on the table?" Niall laughs again and touches the flowers.

"Its babybreath. They are not weeds!" I laugh at Niall.

"Oh, well they are lovely. Dinner looks amazing." Niall leans down and smells it.

"Its baby carrots, baby potatoes, and baby shrimp." I look at Niall and see if he catches on.

"Oh cool. You must have been cooking up a storm tonight." Niall grabs his fork and takes a bite. After he chews and swallows it. "Will there be any dessert, by chance?"