Chapter 50

Charlotte P.O.V

Beth and I have been sitting on her couch for the last three hours. We just finished watching the movie 'He's Just Not That Into You.' It took us three hours to watch it, because we kept pausing it to talk and grab stuff from her kitchen. We made nachos and ate cookies and ice cream. Now we are sitting and talking.

"I think Niall is too good for me. He is like the perfect boyfriend. What if it is all an act?" I look at Beth panicked.

"He is not too good for you. You deserve someone who loves and spoils you." Beth smiles at me. "Why would it be an act?"

"I held out for so long that what if he was doing all of this to have sex with me. Now that he got it he will leave or what if it was so bad that he leaves?" I hate how insecure I am.

"He didn't do this for sex. He did this because he loves you." Beth pauses for a moment and then continues, "he bought you a car. There is no way he spent that much money just for sex. He could get a prostitute for cheaper."

"He did not buy me that car. He bought it for himself and said I could use it." I think I'm in denial.

"Are you serious? He bought a mom car! He bought that car for you, one hundred percent. You are in denial if you think otherwise." Beth confirms my thoughts.

"What if I ruin it? Niall was so mean, because he was heartbroken. What if I do something to hurt him and make him that dark, angry, mean guy again?" It feels good to talk to someone about this.

"I think you should talk to Niall about this. He should know your fears. Let him protect your heart, like you are protecting his." Beth gives me a reassuring smile.

"Look at you. You use to suck at relationship advice. Tell me about you and Harry." I smile back at Beth.

---

Niall P.O.V

It took everything in me to drive away from Beth's apartment. There is nothing else that I want more than to just lay around with Charlotte. Unfortunately I have to go to work and make sure everything is ready for tonight. As I pull up to the hospital I take a deep breath. I have to clip an aneurism and then check up on some patients. Overall I should only be here for three hours. I might be able to get back to Charlotte earlier.

When I walk into the hospital I head straight for the surgical floor. As the elevator doors open I see Liam and Harry standing at one the nurses' stations. I walk over to them and they seem surprised to see me.

"You actually came into work?" Liam asks with a shocked tone of voice.

"I said I was going to." Maybe I should have stayed with Charlotte, but this surgery needed to be done today or it wouldn't get done for another week.

"We just didn't think you would actually come. Was Charlotte mad?" Harry still looks at me with a surprised expression.

"She was bummed, but she understands. She will understand even more tonight." I smile widely at Harry and Liam.

"I honestly don't think Beth will be able to kept the secret." Harry laughs, but he is completely serious at the same time.

"Well she better or I might have to kill her." This will be the best surprise if everyone can keep it a secret.

"You shouldn't have told her-" as Harry says this I cut him off.

"I didn't tell her, you did." I laugh at Harry. Him and Beth are so much alike.

"Anyways, do you have everything ready for later?" Liam changes the subject smoothly.

"Yes I do. Eleanor and Whitney are getting the finishing touches done right now," I say proudly.