Burning

**MATURE CONTENT**

Judd looped one arm behind her back and the other under her knees. He lifted her, her hands still covering her face as he carried her through a doorway on the other side of the room. The bathroom - his bathroom - had an old antique style tub against one wall, a window above it looking out over the mountains. There was a countertop, two copper plated sinks set into a white piece of marble. He ignored it all, all the beautiful pieces, walking right past the massive window and the copper sinks to the back of the room.

"I'm going to clean you up," he mumbled down to her.

He kicked the shower door in, the frosted door swinging to reveal the interior. It was big enough to put four people in it, floor to ceiling marble tiles with copper fixtures. He flipped the water on, letting the warmth cascade down on Neira, who was still cradled in his arms.

She pulled her hands away from her face startled by the onslaught of water, but after a moment a sigh of relief left a parted mouth.

Warm water, an in heat shewolf's best friend.

Judd slowly lowered her to her feet, careful to keep a hand on her skin at all times. She could snap again, spiral down into that hole and he wasn't sure he could fight her off in such a small space.

Her gaze took in the area, tiles and copper specs here and there. Then she turned her head up to his, looking at the color of his eyes. Neira pressed her lips together and looked away from him. Her eyes pinched together. Pain.

He moved the hand on her back up her skin, trying to sooth the stinging. He could see his touch was helping, but he knew it wouldn't for long. Just a simple caress would only go so far.

"Neira, I-"

A whimper left her throat, water pouring over her closed eyes.

"Let me help you," he said softly.

This wasn't easy on her. How could he even begin to imagine what she had been through? He had only seen mated females go through the heat, like Sada and -.

A breath through his lips.

The aggression was there, and maybe a little pain but someone was always there to stop it before it got too bad.

Neira had never been picked. Never could have been picked, and if she had been she would have killed someone. Too many someones now.

He would have pity in his eyes for her, would have been sad for all she endured, but he knew she would hate him for it. Hate him like she hated everybody else.

Her fingers were digging into her skin, trying and failing to pull the pain away. He shifted, placing a hand on either one of hers that was clawing into her own body. Judd pulled them away from her, a whimper leaving her lips.

"Look at me," he said still holding her hands clasped in his.

And when her eyes turned up to him -. That was the first time he thought of her as small. She looked innocent with her eyes turned up to meet his in this way. Like a shewolf, begging for help. To be protected, his responsibility.

She was still innocent, he supposed.

He could smell it on her, the virginity, the untouched territory.

When she had first met him, when he had first pinned her, she had expected him to take it. Take what was rightfully his...

She had challenged him, a female in an alphas territory. If he had wanted, he could have had her then, in front of everyone.