Shewolves

Neira spent the day with Sada touring the pack lands. Aja joined them at one point, nipping at Sada's heels like a lovesick pup. She sent him away with a snap of her jowls.

Judd's lands were large. They ran all day and yet they still had not reached its boarders. But the woods here were strange, darker than seemed normal even in the bright midday sun. It gave her the feeling of eyes on her flank...

They returned just before nightfall, hungry and tired. The perfect combination to create a recipe for angry shewolves.

Sada was almost worse than Neira as they walked the hill up to Judd's main cabin. Sada had slipped into one of Aja's t-shirt's, wearing it like it was a dress. Neira had put on the same shorts and t-shirt from before, hair braided out of her face.

Sada was scowling as she reached the top of the stairs. She didn't even bother to look around before she stalked toward Aja and climbed into his lap. He had been prepared of course, a massive steak sitting on a plate to his right.

Slowly he moved a piece to her waiting mouth. She took it gladly, juices running off her chin and down her throat. Aja simply fed her more, licking at juice that had trailed down her throat.

Neira looked at the floor.

Blondy held an empty plate out to her, nodding his head at the BBQ on the edge of the deck.

Of course, no one would directly offer her food, no one dared suggest interest in her. She could feel Judd watching her from over the top of his beer. She wanted to growl at him but decided a loaded streak was better than any hare she would catch tonight.

She took her food and settled in the corner by the stairs, away from the other wolves and their prying eyes. They were all quiet for a long moment, curious about the angry shewolf in the corner.

"Hey shewolf," blondie asked tossing her a beer a couple minutes later, "you got a name?"

She caught the can and cracked the tab. "Neira," she said eyes landing on Sada for a moment. She was much less aggressive now, limply laying asleep in her male's lap like a napping cat.

"Neira," Lincon said it as if he were tasting it in his mouth for the first time. "It has a nice ring to it."

"Yeah," blondie said, "Neira."

Judd rolled his eyes. "Neira that's Lincon and Landon, brothers from the west. And that's," he paused pointing at the tall one that had shifted her first night, "is Jaro."

They were all fine male's, built and strong. Judd ran a nice pack.

She gave them all a flat lipped smile as she tore another bite of steak. She had it nearly gone now but she would need a second to calm her still growling stomach.

Neira finished her beer and stood to grab another steak from the grill. She looked around, there was only one left.

She ducked her head to Judd and moved back to her position. The last bite was the alpha male's now that the starving Sada had been fed. Normally, females were fed both first and last. They were, after all, the ones with the largest appetites. She was only a guest though, so the last was his.

Judd stood and snatched the steak off the grill and dropping it swiftly on her plate.

She just stared at it.

He had openly fed her.

"Don't get weird," he snapped. "I already had four of them. I won't eat it anyway."

Everyone else just stared at him. Rightfully so, he could have just told her that the steak was hers but instead he had personally placed in on her plate.

Neira decided not to think about it too much.

She easily finished off the steak as everyone else held up mild chit-chat. Aja was the first to leave, Sada still sleeping in his arms.

Neira finished off another two beer, listening to Landon and Lincon tell stories about their mother when they were pups. They were twins, blessed. It was a miracle that their mother had even survived with two male pups in her belly, let alone she birthed them both. Healthy towering males. She must be proud.

Jaro left next, eyeing Neira as he did so. Shortly after the twins left as well.

So then it was just the two of them, Judd in his chair and Neira sitting on the steps.

She stood, knowing she should excuse herself as well. She hit the bottom of the stairs when he finally spoke.

"Neira," he asked leaning over the railing.

She looked up at him, ice blue eyes meeting copper ones.

"If you are still hungry, I got Lincon to stock the fridge in your cabin."

She was still hungry, starved actually. She tried not to let it show. "Thank you," she said chin high.

He nodded, finishing off his beer and turning away from the railing. "Goodnight shewolf."

True to his word, the fridge had been stocked... with steaks and chicken and pork. The panty even had potato chips in it. How long had it been since she had a potato chip?

She devoured the four family size chip bags like they were snack size and since she was too lazy to really cook the steaks in the fridge, she just sat on the counter and devoured them raw. All three of them.

She had been hunting hare most of the year, perhaps a few small deer here and there. But it had been so long since spice and salt had reached her tongue.

She missed her mother's cooking, hell her mother probably thought she was dead by now. And if not yet then soon, after the next heat for sure. Her poor, poor mother. Blessed with a single child, female even, but a female with a temper and a very large problem with aggression.

She passed out just after undressing on the bed in the loft, the feeling of eyes on her skin watching her from out the window...