Chapter 11 (e)

Previously on You Thought Wrong

Exams have begun! Will Naruto pass the second part of the test? How will Sasuke react? Will they be on the same team as in the original anime?

Chapter 11

Naruto ran out of breath, struggling to catch it as he looked back towards the others. They all watched, laughing at him. Naruto had just finished the training course. He had done the course as fast as a lightning bolt, yet the watch said it had taken the longest time in history. Something was wrong... He could feel it.

"Naruto!" Sakura shouted, heading over.

Naruto glared slightly. "What?"

"Naruto!" Sakura shouted again, right by him. She shook his shoulders. "Wake up!"

Naruto furrowed his brows. "Sakura, I am awake. "

"Naruto, you baka, we're almost done with the training course. If you don't wake up, you won't pass the exam again!"

Naruto woke up. Since when had he fallen asleep? He was sure. He stood from the tree he had been sleeping against, nodding in thanks to the pink banshee who had woken him up. He looked over just in time to see Sasuke start and finish the training course. 7.5 seconds was the time to beat now, the record just set by Sasuke. Naruto headed over, Kurama Surprisingly quiet. Naruto stood at the beginning of the obstacle course, waiting for the horn. "Ha! This is easy!" "Kurama, I just told our readers you would be quiet!" "Well, you lied. When am I ever quiet?" "Hn..."

"Don't become like the Uchiha brat. This obstacle course is easy, you can do it in 2 seconds flat. If you don't, you have 100 laps around the forest of doom"

"Kurama, it's sabotaged. I know it is... I saw it in my dream. "

"So?"

Naruto sighed. "Stupid fox.." he muttered.

The horn blew. Naruto darted off at top speed. His feet when in the tires, he jumped up the climbing wall, falling back down. He barely had time to land, before he was crossing the mudpit, swinging across the rest of it once the bridge stopped. Duck! You don't want to be hit by the shuriken... wait, shuriken!? Naruto glanced to the side. Hateful villagers watched, each not wanting Naruto to pass the exam. He looked forward again, ducking the tree on a stick that just flew over him. This was a death trap! He spotted the land mines in the ground with his heat trails and such, barely making it past the finish line in time. 2.1 seconds. He collapsed, tired, yet proud.

Iruka shakily wrote the time down, in shock. How? This was impossible! The best shinobi couldn't do this!

Sasuke kicked Naruto while Naruto was still resting. "Dobe! How did you do that?! Did you cheat?!"

Naruto sat up, standing. "No, I just wanted to give you a run for your money.... friends?" He asked, holding out his hand.

Sasuke watched, brushing past him. "Hn... I won't lose next time." He muttered, heading off.

Naruto watched him go. "I saw his mouth twitch upwards... I think I impressed him. "

Kurama raised an eyebrow. "You must be kidding."

Naruto smiled. "Nope. He smiled. "

Iruka headed inside. "Alright, time for the third part of the exam. The justu exam."

Everyone fell. "What?! You said there were only two parts!"

Iruka grinned. "I lied."

Everyone groaned, heading back inside.

A third part of the exam? Wow. Can Naruto keep it up? Will Sasuke try harder now?