Chapter 5 (e)

Previously on You Thought Wrong

After training in transformation justu, Naruto was fast asleep, curled to one of Kurama's many tails. Soon enough, the large beast's mouth began to point upwards. Good thing nobody saw, the beast's reputation for being heartless and a soloist might be ruined. He still had to fix his reputation from the time Madara put him under his control. Soon enough, he curled around Naruto, knowing that maybe, Naruto was the chosen one.

Chapter 5

At the beginning of time, shinobi didn't have chakra. They fought wars of hate and anger, only surviving if you had the skills of a warrior. One princess, in particular, had lost someone dear to her. When she was found by that someone, she had no memories, so this person showed her around, became friends with her, and they were very close. She saw him die by the hands of an enemy tribe, so she ran to what is known as the chakra tree. It only bore one fruit, and many were wary of the fruit that had no copy. She ate of the fruit, and gained so much chakra, she practically became a goddess.

A few years later, after fighting and winning wars, she bore two children. Call them yin and yang if you want, but there's more to this story than black and white, there was some grey in the mix. One was called the sage of six paths. He took the tree, which had now formed a beast called the ten tails, and split it amongst 9 animals, all of those animals becoming the nine tailed beast's. The ten tails then turned to stone, becoming hidden underground. As the sage of six paths took his leave, he made sure to leave an inheritance behind. "My Rinnegan shall be passed to an Uzumaki. Upon his death, shall an Uchiha received my visual prowess, only at the loss of his family at a young age. My cloak and powers will be passed upon a child, and my brothers' power will be given to another child. My mother, who will become hungry for power, will need to be defeated by both of these powers combined, as well as each of the tailed beast's help. I must go now, but do not let hate or sadness overcome your heart. Despite the world's will to break and chain you, you must stay strong." He reminded the tailed beast's, before disappearing.

Each of the tailed beasts still remembered this, and Kurama had begun to feel that Naruto was the child of the prophecy. But why didn't he have the Rinnegan? Wasn't it supposed to be passed to an Uzumaki? Well, here was the sole survivor!.... or maybe, he wasn't the only Uzumaki.....