He finally sighed. "I don't know what Dark is up to, and I don't like it either."

"What? Him studying her?"

"He's not just studying her he's toying with her, like a damn rag doll."

This peaked Die's interest. "And this bothers you because?"

"I don't think she's that bad of a person, I think she's just angry, and upset."

He was impressed with Anti's conclusion. "I think so too."

"Really?"

"She just wants to go home, to her family." Die stood up and looked out the window. "I think she fights to survive, because she's sad because she's confused because she's angry." Die looked back at Anti. "I'm concerned with her connection with Dark as well."

"He's pulled out this Mark bullshit and she's too dumb to see it."

"Don't underestimate her, Anti. She may see it and possibly is just playing along with it."

Anti leaned forward, "Well, besides that, how's the work?"

"It's coming along, but I'm nervous, to say the least." Die grabbed papers on his desk and handed them to Anti. "We're on the brink of war, and not with the humans."

Anti wrinkled his brow, skimming over the papers. "They...want Dark to resign?"

"The people of this country want the demon monarchy to resign as a whole and elect a more...capitalist way of life."

"As if that worked well the last time." Anti rolled his eyes. "Are there exceptions or something?"

"The demon people want change, and immediately. This change starts with (Y/n). The entire world has their eyes on her."

"So if we fail to take down the rebellion—"

"That's right, the whole country collapses. A civil war breaks out."

✂ ————————————

"How the hell are you so good at basketball?" Dark inquired.

(Y/n) stepped back a few feet and shot the ball. The ball went up, rolled on the ring, and went into the hoop.

"Just because half the world is in ruins doesn't mean basketball courts don't survive. The game is a lost art, but we've come up with our own rules."

"I can teach you how to play if ya want?" Dark picked up the ball.

"That's alright, I'm actually really tired." She leaned over onto her knees. "Aren't you tired?"

"Takes me a while before I get tired, buddy." He spun the ball on his fingertip. "Plus, I don't need to use any of my power, I just need to play keep away."

"Take a walk with me to the kitchen, I'm pretty thirsty."

"Sure thing! I know a shortcut! Just follow me!" Dark put the ball down and within a few seconds, he dashed out of the room moving much faster than she could.

"You've got to be kidding me..." She smiled but followed along to the best of her ability.

She met him in the large kitchen that he seemed to have been at for a few minutes already.

"What took you so long?" He fake yawned.

"Sorry I was stuck in traffic."

He handed her a cup full of cold water that she drank down immediately.

"So, humannnn, what do you want to do now?"

"I don't know, I feel like we've done everything you can in this castle. I'm pretty sure all your guards want to quit with those pranks."