Chapter Thirty-Seven: Becoming a Fugitive

~~~Claudia~~~

I stood beside Sherlock, who anxiously twitched his fingers, and John paced back and forth in front of us asn they loaded the dead man's body into the ambulance. A dead man that both John and myself had seen before.

"Sulejmani. Albanian killer." I repeated.

"Mycroft showed us his files, that's him, he lives two doors down from us."

"He died because I shook his hand." Sherlock stated.

"What?" I asked, putting a hand on his back.

"Saved my life, but he couldn't touch me. Why?"

We explaiend everything to Sherlock on the way back to the flat.

"Four assassins living right on our doorstep. They didn't come here to kill me." He took off his scarf, tossing it aside, along with his coat.

"That's what Claudia said." John stated.

"They have to keep me alive. I've got something that all of them want." He sat down at the laptop. "But if one of them appraoches me..." I stood beside the window, glancing out of it.

"The others kill them before they can get it." John finished.

"All the attention is focused on me. There's a surveillance web closing in on us right now."

"So what have you got that's so important?" I looked back at Sherlock. He ran his fingers across the table.

"We need to ask about the dusting."

~~~

"Precise details. In the last week, what's been cleaned?"

"Well, Tuesday I did your lino-" Mrs. Hudson started.

"No, in here. This room. This is where we'll find it. Any break in the dust line. You can put back anything but dust. Dust is eloquent."

"What's he on about?" Mrs. Hudson asked. John shook his head. I walked over to him, putting a hand on his arm.

"You're scaring me a bit, Sherlock. What are you looking for?" He started climbing on the bookshelf.

"Cameras. We're being watched."

"What? Cameras, here? I'm in my nightie." Mrs. Hudson said. The doorbell rang. Sherlock started walking on the tables, feeling across the bookshelves. He started wiggling a book, only to push it back and reveal a camera, fastened to the corner of the shelf. I heard footsteps and I turned around to see John and Greg.

"Greg? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"No inspector." Sherlock said.

"What?"

"The answer's no." He took the camera down, stepping down onto the floor.

"You havent heard the question."

"You want to take me to the station. Just saving yout he trouble of asking." I whirled around.

"Why do you want to take him to the station?" I asked. he sighed.

"Sherlock-"

"The scream?"

"...Yeah."

"Who was it? Donovan? I bet it was Donovan. Am I somehow responsible for the kidnapping. Ah, Moriarty is smart. He plnted that doubt in her head. That little nagging sensation you've got to be strong to resist.You can't kill an idea, can you? Not once it's made a home...there." he tapped Greg's forehead. I looked at Sherlock.

The Side of The Angels (A Sherlock Holmes Fan-Fiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें