Chapter Twenty-Two: Flirtation

(CLAUDIA'S BEDROOM BELOW)

I sat on the end of my  bed, my book in my hand, and Sherlock paced back and forth in front of it

"I don't see why I have to go." I replied, not looking up. He took my book from my had, putting it on my desk. "Sherlock, you really don't need me for this one. I have no interest in going to Dartmoor."

"Why not? It's bleak and beautiful, you said so yourself!"  I rolled my eyes.

"It is, but it's also not interesting enough for me to want to make a return trip!" 

"But we might need you to...I don't know...flirt with someone!" I chuckled.

"Sherlock, I don't know if you realize this or not, but I am the last person you want 'flirting' with anybody, considering that I don't posses that skill." He sat down beside me, placing a hand on my knee.

"Please, Claudia." He ran his thumb back and forth.

"All this physical contact...you must really want this." He furowed his eyebrows.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means, you aren't typically the instegator unless to want something." I stood up, going to open the door. My hand was on my knob when I felt Sherlock's hands on my shoulders. He turned me around, pushing my back agaisnt the door. His hands found my hips and his nose brushed against mine, causing my breath to hitch. 

"That's not true." He said quietly.  I closed the gap a little more, my top lip brushing against his.

"Yes it is." I replied, matching his tone. "But it's ok. It's not like I expected it out of you. You're uncomfortable around women." I slipped out of his grasp, pulling my suitcase out of the corner and placing it on my bed.

"I am not!" He exclaimed.

"Yes, you are, unless they're involved with a case...or Mrs. Hudson.  It's ok, it's really not a big deal. If we're going, you'd better go and get packed." He sighed, silently deciding to let it slide.

"Thank you, Claudia." 

"Yeah, yeah." I heard the door open and close behind me. I sighed.

That man is going to be the death of me.

~~~
Sherlock stood in the open door of the cab, is hand on top of the door, and I stood beside him and John carried his suitcases out of the flat.

"You had no intention of taking me on a boat!" Mrs. Hudson exclaimed, a hunk of dough hitting the door of Speedy's Sandwhich Shop.

"Oh..." John said. "Looks like Mrs. Hudson finally got to the wife in Doncaster."

"Wait until she finds out about the one in Islamabad." John chuckled.

"Wait until the two of you realize that she could poison you both and get away with it." I pointed out, climbing into the cab beside John. Sherlock got in last.