The Wedding Day

Chapter 28

The heart shaped dress exposed the top of my breast. The lace ran from my breasts to my thin waist to the floor. The dress was a little snug but it was a perfect fit. Almost like it was meant to be...

"You look absolutely gorgeous! It looks way better on you than it ever did on me!" Vanessa rambled as she saw my reflection in the mirror from behind me.

After I told Vanessa about the arrangements, she hugged me. She thanked me for saving her from a marriage she didn't want. She said she liked Jackson, but that she wasn't in love with him. After that she gave me time to shower and then she arranged my hair so it was in a curly chignon and pinned a hairpiece with crystals to the side. She then proceeded to do my makeup and finally she handed me over her dress. She admitted that the dress was a little too big for her but that she really wanted this dress and no one was able to fix it so she sucked it up. Now she was glad she grabbed this dress as it seemed to 'fit me better than it did on her'.

I ran my hands down the front of the dress and I had a moment of shock. I was getting married. I was actually going to go through with this.

"My brother is one lucky man," Vanessa whispered under her breath.

"What do you mean?" I asked her as I arranged the veil on my head. She helped me fix it. The veil was made of lace and it made a nice pool once it hit the floor. On the edge of the veil were patterns made with pearls and more lace.

"Well look at you! Your so perfect in every way! Beautiful! Aww! I could already imagine your children! You two will have gorgeous children!" she shrieked and began jumping while clapping her hands.

"Excuse me?" I gasped out and turned around to face her. Children? Nobody said anything about having children!

"Well of course your going to have kids with my brother! Your marrying him! It's what couples do, they get married, have their wedding night, and then nine months later out pops a kid!" she answered quickly and said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Thank goodness I saved my brother from marrying this crazy bitch.

Vanessa had gone to the hotel store downstairs and bought herself a green dress. She let her red hair down in waves and wore black heels. She was pretty... but insane. Me? Have kids? Please don't make me laugh!

"Maybe you'll have a girl! Or maybe a boy! Anthony will love that! Or maybe even twins! Won't that be amazing?" she continued daydreaming once she realized I wasn't going to respond.

"Could you please leave me alone for a few minutes? I need to be alone," I told her. I don't think I could take more of her rambling.

"Okay! But don't forget your getting married in fifteen minutes!" she wiggled her finger at me and skipped out the hotel room. I sighed and turned around to face the full length mirror. The dress was beautiful. Breathtaking. It would make any bride the most happiest girl in the world if she could wear it. Anyone but me.

I glanced at my blue eyes, which were defined with eyeliner, and frowned. The person in front of me was a ghost. There was no sparkle in her eye, the blush in her cheeks was gone, instead in it's place was an artificial one created with makeup. My lips had red lipstick but I bet they would be chapped if I removed the lipstick. The girl in front of me wasn't me. This person was dead. Lifeless.

Then again, I used to be like this all the time. I used to be a shallow shell that just roamed around. But it all changed when I met Hansel. He made me laugh, smile, and even get me mad but those were all things a human did. He taught me how it felt like to be a brighter person and now that I see this... person in front of me, it felt... odd. I didn't like it, I missed the person Hansel made me to be.