Chapter Eight-StarBucks Date

THE NEXT MORNING I got a call from my manager at seven in the morning.
I yawned heavily and picked up the phone annoyed.
"Hello?Matt?Why are you calling me this early?"
"Hello,Kenz?Come to the studio at eleven thirty sharp! I have a special surprise for you!"
"What is it?"
He quickly hung up on me before I can question him about this. I decided to trust him,considering I was tired and it was seven.I'll figure it out later.
MY ALARM FINALLY RANG And I don't think I've ever pressed snooze so many times before. The last time I pressed snooze was at ten forty five -and got on my phone. I looked through Snapchat,Instagram and Twitter and finally got up at 10:55. I took a shower,wore jeans and a white tank top,did my hair,and rushed out the door.
I decided why not spare some time at Starbucks and read? I took one of my favorite books ever- Milk And Honey by Rapi Kaur.
I got into Starbucks and saw Nadia sitting at one of the side tables. First I ordered a pink drink and a birthday cake flavored cake pop. I walked up to Nadia and saw her eyes match with mine.
"Hey Kenz!Whats up?" She asked pulling a chair over.
"Well,I had some time to spare.Matt told me that he had a special surprise waiting for me at 11:30 and since it's only eleven I decided to read and have a pink drink at Starbucks." I said.
"Oh.Well I have a college application that I just sent in. I have a couple more to do,but my house is so noisy because of Ruby." She said.
I do college,and I'm pretty successful in college to. I'm just hoping I can get my dream job-to be a singer. Nadia's been trying to get into a college for about two years now,because she had some problems before. She won't tell me-even though I secretly wish she did.
"Aw. I wish you good luck!" I said.
"Thanks! How's life been?" She asked.
"It's been great so far- just working. I was with Annie yesterday.We went out to eat at Pat's Steakhouse."
"Pat's Steakhouse?" She laughed. I mean,I guess why she would laugh. She hasn't gone there in a while- neither has Ruby or Brynn.
"Haha.Laugh all you want,Nads.But yes,surprisingly."
"Wow.I haven't been there since high school! I sure miss those days and that place."
"You read my mind."
"Don't I always ?" She asked,playfully slapping my arm.
She's right. Nadia is so understanding- I've always taken her for granted.
"Love you Nads.Like a lot. A hecka lot." I admitted.
"I love you a hecka lot too,Kenz.And have fun in the studio!"
"Thanks! But let's take a picture first." I said. We took the picture outside, and I dashed out of Starbucks.
Authors note :
I deleted the picture because I don't want editors to come at me hahah
(Word count- 511 words)
-author 💘