J.B.B. - Splash

SUMMARY: The volleyball team retaliates after the football team pranks them

WARNINGS: nothing...LOL

PAIRINGS: Teen!Bucky Barnes x Teen!Cara

WORDS: 1,030

"You sure this is a great idea?" Cara asked her friend Natasha as she looked at the bin of balloons that were filled with water then at Natasha before peering over the edge of the building.

"It's fine," Natasha reassured, picking up a small pink balloon, "we have to get them back for what they did to us after the game, right Wanda?"

Cara's eyes went to the other redhead who was inspecting her nails, never looking up as she answered. "Piet is the one that we have to worry about, his fast ass will get us if we allow it," the petite girl, added, "besides, we are going easy on them, we're using water. They used shaving cream."

Cara nodded and looked over the edge again, waiting for the doors of the boys' locker room. Football practice always ran thirty minutes past their volleyball's, enough time for them and the rest of the team to fill the balloons and get to the roof.

"I don't want..."

"Bucky won't break up with you over this," Wanda laughed as she picked up an orange balloon. "If you ask me, the boys deserve every ounce of this."

"I still think we should have snuck into the locker room to put itching powder in their clothes," Hope added as she leaned over the ledge dangerously.

"Not all of use can get into the boys locker room covertly where we wouldn't get caught," Cara sighed, "I mean, you three probably, but me? I'm just a plain Jane, with nothing special about her except that my father is your principal."

"Stop that Coulson," a rough voice said beside here. Cara looked at the tall brunette with slight exasperation.

"Sure, Sif, Asgardian Goddess of the Earth," Cara replied sarcastically, earning a glare from Sif, "I'm on a rooftop with a ballerina of death, a witch, a goddess, a shrinking teen, and genius who really should be in college, or teaching college."

"Hey, I try to keep it on the downlow so I don't make you all inferior," a thick accent replied.

"I know Shuri, and you really shouldn't," Cara laughed lightly, "I'm just saying you don't have to hold yourself back for our sake." She was about to go on more, but everyone was hushed by Wanda who motioned towards the part of the wall that voices rose over. Cara bit her lip, unsure if she really wanted to do this, but she could hear her boyfriend's laugh carry through the wind, and the words that followed: "Cara looked hilarious." Her cheeks burned as she started to squeeze the balloon in her hand.

"Buck, I don't think the girls cared for it at all," a serious voice countered. Steve. The only one of the jockheads that wasn't annoying, besides her boyfriend, but even he was getting to the point of earning the title.

"Why do you care, Rogers? You were home studying like a good little captain you are." That was Tony Stark, no way to miss that snarky voice.

"I care to have my team full when we play Hydra High next week because, if you have forgotten, we get our asses handed to us every year."

"And how does getting the girls covered in shaving cream keep us from destroying them, oh capitán?" Tony asked with a laugh.

"Natasha, Wanda, Sif," Steve replied instantly, "and they have Shuri on their side." Steve's words stung Cara. Even he knew she didn't belong there when he was worried more about her friends' retaliation and the need to defend her.

"Cara," Natasha whispered harshly, "you throw first. They're just standing there."

"Why can't we have Wanda freaking levitate them over them and just drop? Sounds easier to me," Cara pouted as she peeked over the edge to see her boyfriend standing there with all the others still in their practice pads and cleats.

"What fun is that?" Hope laughed as she poised herself at the edge, spotting her boyfriend Scott, "besides, they didn't use their powers."

"Most of them don't have powers," Shuri smiled as she tossed her balloon up and down, "Now c'mon Cara. You hear Bucky down there. Nail him. You do have the best arm."

Cara sighed and nodded. "Y'all are covering my ass," she replied in defeat. She took her balloon and released it, nailing her boyfriend right in the side of the head. Before any of the boys could process what happened, the rest of the girls released their water filled ammo, nailing a few in the head. Shuri's balloon found it's target right in Tony's face. Curses filled the air with the sounds of splashes and yelps as the girls continued to throw the gross number of balloons at them.

"I wanna personally thank the person who invented these bunch o' balloons," Natasha laughed as she threw seven at rapid fire, nailing their targets each time.

Cara was about to throw her next when her eyes locked with Bucky's, paling her face.

"Cara Coulson!!!" he yelled, and even five stories up, she could see the mischievous glint in his eyes, "You're in trouble now!"

"Oh shit," she muttered as the balloon slipped out of her fingers as the other boys started to look up, "time to abort."

Hope dug into her pocket, and thrusted something into Cara's hand as she did the same with everyone else, making them all shrink down. Something large caught Cara's eye, and she nearly fell over the gravel, more like boulders, as she came face to face with a carpenter ant.

"Warning next time, Van Dyne!" she exclaimed as she reached for the ant and climbed on. "This only delays them."

"No, just you," Hope laughed, "Bucky only ratted you out." Cara watched as the rest of the girls climbed on their respected ants before all of them took flight.

"We'll hide at the counsellete," Shuri yelled, "they wouldn't think to look there."

Cara sighed knowing that Bucky would be texting her soon, asking where she was, explaination to follow, and then a bunch of making out to make up.

"You guys so owe me," she laughed as she felt her phone buzz in her pocket.