J.B.B Drabble - Cabbage

"Bucky!" I yelled as I hunched over in bed, face twisting in pain, "Hurry!" I could hear the sound of heavy feet quickening through the house until I heard him running up the stairs with his heavy feet.

"I was trying to get them clean," he huffed as he entered the bedroom, "oh Doll, you sure we can't call the doctor?"

I looked up at him with a scowl as I held my hand out with a wince. "Just give them to me," I groaned from the movement. I watched my husband, who was this super solider with incredible strength, walk towards me with caution, holding out the items in question. I laid down and yelped, making him jump and run to my side.

"You sure you don't wanna try..."

"NO! It feels like a thousand tiny clamps pressing down and it makes me cry even more." I whimpered when I moved and looked at him pleadingly. "Buck, could you please."

He nodded and stepped towards me slowly, taking the items from my hands. "Again, how is cabbage suppose to help with engorged breasts?"

"I don't know, but many moms swear by it. Now please, help," I whined as I undid the clips to my nursing bra to help him have access. "It's only for 20 minutes, then we can see if Winnie wants to feed. OW!"

"So sorry, baby girl," he whispered as he fixed the last leaf in place and clasped the clips. "I'll get you some tea and a check on Winnie." He pressed a kiss to my forehead and headed for the door.

"And bring ice cream," I begged as I groaned, "and we aren't having anymore children."

"It's only been five days, and your milk just came in. No rash decisions when you are in pain," he laughed.

"You're lucky I can't move without hurting otherwise I would through this pillow at you." My words were empty threats, and he knew, so it wasn't a surprise to me when he laughed his way back downstairs towards the kitchen.