Chapter 5: "Tick Tock, Tick Tock. A Little Bird Escaped The Flock!"

Thy eyes are nothing but a reflection,

Of the art created by thy mind.

Thy words nothing but a deception,

A mess created, one of a kind.

***

Location: Istanbul (Turkey)

9:30 pm

Minahil felt her heart beating inside her chest as the sound of footsteps entering the room reached her. Dominic's hand was still pressed against her lips but the terror that had engulfed her soul was already enough for her to not utter a single noise. The whole room dwelt in darkness, concealing their identities completely. She couldn't even see the devil who stood before her due to the murkiness which hid them in a cloak of safety.

"Woh yahan nahi hai(He is not here)" The gruff voice spoke. Minahil's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. She wondered who were they searching for?

A loud sound of gunshot was heard and then the person was on the floor, groaning in pain. The lights were turned on and it took a moment for Minahil to adjust her eyes. Dominic freed her and walked at the other side, the little Muslimah followed him. She looked around the room and there the concrete walls were once again seen, making her more confused.

How?

"Stay here." Dominic ordered her and Minahil stopped where she stood, anxiously. She prayed to her Allah that Delilah and Hazem were safe.

"Are you okay?" She heard a gruff voice. Her eyes snapped to the person and there stood a well-built man with a tobacco pipe dangling from his lips. His hazel eyes looked at her in a bored manner as if he could care less about her safety. Minahil nodded her head and before she could form a reply, he was out of her sight, leaving her surprised at the strange man. The little Muslimah's train of thoughts was interrupted when she was pulled into a tight embrace.

"Thank god, you are okay!" Delilah exclaimed, holding her in a tight grip. Minahil smiled at her concern and wrapped her arms around Delilah's petite form.

"Are you hurt?" She asked. Delilah nodded her head and the Muslimah sighed in relief, thanking her Allah.

Pulling back from each other, she noticed Hazem standing beside her with a worried look," I am fine, I swear." She replied, seeing the question clearly in his eyes.

"Well, me too." He gave her a small smile and they both nodded in acknowledgement.

"He was just a thief, sire." The three friends heard the same rude man speaking to the devil as they rounded the corner and reached the exit of the room.

"Make sure he is behind the prison, Sargent." Dominic replied. His voice so cold that Minahil felt the shiver running down her spine.  Sargent soon took his leave after hearing his boss's command, leaving the idiots behind.

The three friends stood nervously not knowing what they were supposed to do now? They knew after the incident their boss would definitely tell them to go home, to ease their nerves, right?

The devil turned around and saw them standing behind him. A moment of silence passed between the four people and before anyone of the three could ask him, he said, "Well, get back to work!" Leaving them gaping behind him as he walked away.

***

Minahil finally put little Ayaan to bed and after reciting a soft lullaby and making sure he was fast asleep, she made her way out of the room and towards the kitchen where her dear friend was warming up food for the both of them. She had come home late and it was past Ayaan's bed time and therefore had to make him sleep first before devouring her dinner down. Her stomach growled in anger and she sighed, having enough of its tantrums.