ix. rebekah mikaelson

"Hey, again, it's me. Elena. I'm closer to the key reasons why I felt the need to kill myself."

The Scooby Gang breathed in deeply, preparing themselves for the emotional rollercoaster they were about to take on by listening to the file. They felt curious about what pushed Elena off the edge. Jeremy felt their stares on him as he put on his brave face, ready to listen to the files.

"Prom dresses, daggering Originals and whoring around. You may think that those are things that make me, Rebekah Mikaelson, but you know they're not. You loved scheming against me, finding new ways of killing me but I know you enjoyed my company and I enjoyed yours. You were my friend and I truly loved you. And I have to be honest but I wish it wasn't always like this. I wish we could be friends without worrying about what our loved ones thought of us. You gave me this wonderful chance to change everything. My mistakes and wrongs I've committed to others. And you showed me that under the self-preserving bitch act you had going on, you were just a girl who needed a real friend, needed love. I mean when I first met you I thought you were a real bitch. And you asked me what changed my mind. And I told you that I still thought you were one but it grew on me and it became my favorite quality about you. I guess the point of this tape is for me to say sorry to you, Rebekah. Sorry that I took part in daggering you. Sorry for lying to you. I want you to know that you're not really a reason, this is just a way of me getting my closure. That I lost another friend because of a certain Salvatore.  The same Salvatore who could care less if I died. I mean this isn't the first time I lost someone because of him. And no matter how rocky our friendship was, Rebekah, we always managed to find our way back to each other. You believed in me and I started believing in myself too because of that, thank you. You were also one of the only people apart from your brother Elijah who saw me past the doppelganger complexion. Someone who treated me as my own person. Who took the time to know me better. And for that I thank you. You're an amazing person, Rebekah Mikaelson. And you deserve a better friend who isn't too sensitive, someone who can be as strong and loving as you. I love you, Reb. And because I love you, I got to let you go. Goodbye."

Tears streamed down Rebekah's face. As she tried to mute her sniffles but couldn't help it once seeing the look of devastation on Jeremy's face. Sobs escaped her, as she wondered what could have happened if Elena had told her this face to face. She was shocked to find out that she wasn't a reason. It was a filler tape. A tape for Elena to say sorry. 

Looks of angst and betrayal were strong features on the faces of Caroline Forbes and Bonnie Bennett. How dare she? Rebekah wasn't a reason yet they were. If only Elena were alive so that they could both give her a piece of their minds. 

Rebekah never knew how true her words could be sometimes. Everything she loves turns to ash.

Jeremy was just about ready to explode. There was so much he didn't know about Elena. And having to hear it all on tape was even worse. He never realized how much Elena was suffering. 

Damon, on the other hand, decided that right now would be a perfect moment to be snarky. 

"Don't you guys get the feeling that maybe Elena's lying? That she just died because she was a stupid girl who kept her feelings to herself." He exclaimed, sarcasm laced in his voice.

"Why would a dead girl lie, Damon?" Jeremy snapped back, not in the mood to deal with Damon's crap.

"Tell me one time, she lied to you. Tell me, Damon." Jeremy yelled, when Damon fell silent, knowing Jeremy was telling the truth.

Thanks for all the votes and reads, everyone. It's just wow. I had no wifi over the weekend but before I checked how much reads it had and it was 200. And I get wifi and I look at the reads again and it's at 540. Thank you so much, you guys.Leave comments and tell me how the book is so far.